pink cotton candy algae

glxtrix

Market
Reaction score
or red turf algae.... If you happen to have this dreaded crap in your tank, there is a solution! I did a fast search on Mr. Levensons' website about the algae and it linked to an article for an easy and nice solution. Ok, it may not be nice because it can be a pain in the rear, but it'll work!

a>

do you have it Lee? I know me and Joe had something similar, his was more thin and more wavy. Mine on the other hand was a lot tougher and and thick... Don't know if the turbo's will eat that.

Well if you have what's stated in the article that I pasted...which is what I have....turbos will eat it.

Here is the crap that I have....it's exactly as in the article. This is after a water change and trying to siphon some of it out....as you can see I didn't do too well, lol. I figure seeing as though I don't have much corals what will move around, the MTS's will be a good addition to eat it up.

cottonCandyAlgae.jpg
alt="" />

yup, turbos eat it. I have it, and they do an excellent job with it.

I dunno Steve, I think yours is different. I dont have turbos, but SOMETHING in my tank sure eats your stuff.

My red turf is more LE, its deeper red and hugs the rock. Urchins take care of it with no worries. That fluffy stuff is pretty common too though and everyone has used mexican turbos with success with it that i know except Joe :). Dunno why but his mexicans wouldn't eat it.

Jin, I think Steve has what you have. It was crimson red, and kinda like one of those steel wool pads, as it was very coarse and thick. I put some of his infested frags in my tank, and it was magically gone. My urchin is in the sump, so either the tangs or the sally lightfoots ate it virtually overnight.

My tangs do try to eat it but they have a hard time scraping it off the rockwork as it is strong like ox. As for the sally... they scare me. :)

We have the green version of turf algae. Will the Mexican turbos work on that too? Or an urchin?

Back