Vodka Dosing Questionnaire and opinion.

Yup at 5pm I was there. I must have been in my own world completely. I can't recall anyone even being outside of the first couple minutes of walking in, someone was checking out. But that wasn't you I don't think. However I do recall thinking whoever that was looked familar and curiously I thought I saw the same look staring back.

If I could start over, I would do a sulphur dentrifyer. About a year ago, I tried to wean my tank off of vodka and onto a new korellin unit. It was almost a disaster, as I couldn't get the amount the dentrifyer was removing at a pace euqilivant to the reduction in vodka.

That said, why stop what works? I have been carbon dosing since 2006. Vodka since around 2008.

I dose ten ml per day of 100 proof on an extremely heavily fed tank with moderate bio load.
100 gallon.

I think it was like six months to get it right.

Ralph ATL;1010899 wrote: If I could start over, I would do a sulphur dentrifyer. About a year ago, I tried to wean my tank off of vodka and onto a new korellin unit. It was almost a disaster, as I couldn't get the amount the dentrifyer was removing at a pace euqilivant to the reduction in vodka.

That said, why stop what works? I have been carbon dosing since 2006. Vodka since around 2008.

I dose ten ml per day of 100 proof on an extremely heavily fed tank with moderate bio load.
100 gallon.

You run GFO too right? If so, given your tank, I know not to worry about doing both at the same time!

Maybe I should leave dirty filter socks in to see if I can register some nitrates though. Really don't want to remove my media pure ceramic block but I just can't nitrates to register and I believe we need at least a small amount right?

DawgFace;1010890 wrote: Yup at 5pm I was there. I must have been in my own world completely. I can't recall anyone even being outside of the first couple minutes of walking in, someone was checking out. But that wasn't you I don't think. However I do recall thinking whoever that was looked familar and curiously I thought I saw the same look staring back.

Yep, that was my "Is that who I think it is?" look lol!

RedStang;1010901 wrote: You run GFO too right? If so, given your tank, I know not to worry about doing both at the same time!

Maybe I should leave dirty filter socks in to see if I can register some nitrates though. Really don't want to remove my media pure ceramic block but I just can't nitrates to register and I believe we need at least a small amount right?

Yes, GFO.

I wouldn't leave dirty filter socks, your fish, corals, inverts all produce constant waste.

Ralph ATL;1010899 wrote: If I could start over, I would do a sulphur dentrifyer. About a year ago, I tried to wean my tank off of vodka and onto a new korellin unit. It was almost a disaster, as I couldn't get the amount the dentrifyer was removing at a pace euqilivant to the reduction in vodka.

100 gallon.

Your tank is a alcoholic now:shades: hehehehe

As far as the comments above about VD and GFO it is my understanding that VD primarily deals with NO4. GFO will pull out the P

The words alcoholic and VD in a post and not referencing any hidden innuendos... Three cheers! That's impressive. Lol

Back