Pistol shrimp

bcavalli

Market
Reaction score
I got up early this morning and took a look at my tank while the lights were out. I was surprised to see one of my pistol shrimps was out racing around the entire tank (I suspect he was searching for food). After about 15 minutes he went back to his goby and their cave. I was curious if anyone else has ever seen this type of behavior? It was really odd to see him away from his goby and his cave.

he probable does it more often that you see, food is the main reason for all life form and the second is woopy.

MYREEFCLUB0070;1041229 wrote: he probable does it more often that you see, food is the main reason for all life form and the second is woopy.

I'm sure he probably does it often. The more I think about it, he was probably sneaking out of the house late night at night for some whoopy while his goby was sleeping. Lol

Mine was doing that a lot recently, I woke up this morning to one of my hermits snacking on poor Bob The Builder :-( not sure what happened, but I think he wasn't getting enough food. Try and target feed down in his cave in case yours is not getting enough food which is causing him to come out more.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

scramer74;1041536 wrote: Mine was doing that a lot recently, I woke up this morning to one of my hermits snacking on poor Bob The Builder :-( not sure what happened, but I think he wasn't getting enough food. Try and target feed down in his cave in case yours is not getting enough food which is causing him to come out more.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

That's a possibility as well. I'll step up the spot feeding. Thanks Sherri!

Back