PJ CARDINAL white fuzz on mouth

no1bubba

Market
Reaction score
Fish has had white fuzz on its mouth for two days . I have two more PJ's and two Banggai that are fine. Any idea what it is and what I should do? Thanks, Bubba Shirl

no1bubba;1069756 wrote: Fish has had white fuzz on its mouth for two days . I have two more PJ's and two Banggai that are fine. Any idea what it is and what I should do? Thanks, Bubba Shirl

Can you send a PM, private message to JennM? I consider JennM whenever I see someone post a situation when a fish is not well. I trust her guidance and observation on helping injured or sick fish. Is there anyway you could post a photo? Others may post here. I wish I could be more helpful.

Wannabee

I'm no expert by any means and without a picture it's tough to tell. But, with fuzz I would think its bacterial.

pic would really help, but another thing to consider is those type of fish keep there eggs/newborn babies in there mouth

This afternoon the fuzz left and now I can see a bubble and he is not swimming with other two. I have searched and can only find dirty water and I first saw it the day after a water change.

Can you post a picture? It would really help us see if we can help with what's going on. I have three Pajama Cardinals (one male & two females) in between breeding the females school and chase off the male. The only time he hangs out with the females is when it's time to mouth brood.

Somebody called? :)

Actually, nobody did but I'm always drawn to a 'sick fish' thread.

A picture would definitely help. It could be a mechanical injury, an injury with an infection or something as harmless (but unsightly) as lymphocystis.

Hard to say with just a description. Is anyone picking on the fish? And is it eating and otherwise behaving normally?

Jenn

Bubble got smaller daily and now it's gone and he is back with his groupies

Bcavalli;1069844 wrote: I'm no expert by any means and without a picture it's tough to tell. But, with fuzz I would think its bacterial.

Glad it all worked out. FYI, fuzzy is usually fungal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I bet it was lymphocystic, as Jenn said.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back