Planning 48x48x30 Need input!!

grouper therapy;811004 wrote: Too late ladies I've already done this more than once. The pressure can be applied in many ways.:unsure: In the first aquarium I used two sticks with a notch in them and then wedged it to the top of the canopy. In the second one I had my brother just hold it in place. Access to the bulkhead is easy as well . I screwed a pipe with a male adapter in one and in the other simply inserted a pipe in the bulkhead and removed it.
I've done this numerous times in an aquaculture facility and in actual lakes/ponds to service valves etc. Of course we used large culverts in the lakes set by an excavator.

No hurdles at all. Bridge builders have been doing this for centuries.

Edit: Maybe I should demonstrate the simplicity of this at one of the meetings.

Edit: ABS is easier since it is not foam core.

That would have been a good demonstration for the DIY meeting that we had a few months back.

Ripped Tide;811138 wrote: That would have been a good demonstration for the DIY meeting that we had a few months back.

Translation......

"Why didn't you get off your duff and show up for a change". hehehehehe jk

A quick sketchup and I came up with this scheme. Is it even feasable to have 5 bulkheads that close together, or do I need to go back to the drawing board? I will throw this up on 3D warehouse as well if anyone wants to take a better look at it.

Screenshot2012-11-10at90016AM.png
alt="" />

Up loaded to 3D warehouse, search 299 cube.

Here is an example with mock LED modules. I will continue to work on this. I suppose I ought to do the same for the sump room too.
Screenshot2012-11-15at63607PM.png
alt="" />

For any of you that have done a remote sump, what did you do right and what would you have changed given the chance to start fresh?

Again, I apologize for hijacking this thread. Jeff as far as LED what is there to supplement MH? I currently have T5 I guess. You have explained excatly what I want to do.
JeF4y;810955 wrote: Personally I'd go MH all the way or primarily MH but supplementing LED or T5 for color only. Few lights will get that deep and still have decent par. T5's get pricey to replace annually too.

I can't wait to see this cube....it's going to be amazing with those dims! Nice to see you back!

This is my suggestion
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
813080=40852-299 cube.jpg
>
813080=40852-299 cube.jpg
class="gc-images" title="299 cube.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Ahh, I like the returns out toward the corners! That will give me better flow and random currents. I had not put my dursos in or the CL intake, but i was planing to pull from the display not the overflow. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look up my build thread for how I did my closed loop. you can make the overflow a bit bigger and run it over the edge of the box then cover it in rock to hide it.

I just dont like the idea of holes in my tank, but I love closed loops.

Nice thread Ender! What is the current status of that tank? I love the floating rock/ return.

So, I got a stock tank for the sump this morning along with some PVC to knock out the under the floor plumbing :up: Now I get to go finish insulating the floor :yuk:

I suppose I should start a build thread, but we just sold and shipped our DSLR. I suppose we have to wait for the new one to come in.

Screenshot2012-11-18at85828PM.png
alt="" />

This is also in the Large Tanks section, but I thought it might belong here too as it is still part of pre build thread input gathering. I know there will probably need to be more support in the frame, but I thought this might work as it is only a 4' span on each side. As always I look forward to more input!

Back