Plastic hose clamps?

Seems like I may have heard that from you before that titanium heaters suck. I was referring to the hose clamps as being a one time purchase. That said I never had problems with titanium heaters either but some do. I know Raj really likes the Finnex brand.

I think those Titanium heaters all come from the same factory in China, and they stick different labels on 'em. Finnex, Won Brothers, Pacific Coast Imports, yadda yadda.

The idea is good - separate temperature probe, and a controller. Unfortunately they don't work worth a darn. At least not in the long term. I used to use them too until one by one they started failing and I got rid of the lot of them.

BTW, improper placement can melt an acrylic sump when they get stuck ON. I had a customer that found that out the hard way.

Jenn

Yeah my experience has been just the opposite. I can't get anything but a titanium to last.I'm not sure who the manufacturer was but I got mine from Jehmco. One thing might be that I don't subscribe to the whole idea of more than a 1 degree variation is bad. All my tanks have had as much as 4 degree swing on 24 hours without any visible reprucussions.

JennM;1079716 wrote: Titanium is safe (although I'd highly disagree that titanium heaters are 'high end'... they suck.)

Most clamps are made of alloys that break down, all metal clamps aren't equal.

Copper will kill inverts PDQ.

I never could get used to the notion of using jars of rust (GFO) so I'm stuck in the old school when it comes to metals in the tank.

I used pumps with ceramic impeller shafts. Yeah they had metal screws but that's about the limit of the amount of metal I'd use.

Jenn

Sweet looks like i will order a couple of these. Thanks again jenn for all the input and help!

grouper therapy;1079730 wrote: Yeah my experience has been just the opposite. I can't get anything but a titanium to last.I'm not sure who the manufacturer was but I got mine from Jehmco. One thing might be that I don't subscribe to the whole idea of more than a 1 degree variation is bad. All my tanks have had as much as 4 degree swing on 24 hours without any visible reprucussions.

Sounds like its time for a controller real soon!

Back