Plate coral fraggin?

tonester_man

Market
Reaction score
<span style="color: black;">Can a plate coral be fragged? If so, what would be the best method for doing it? I just got a HUGE 7x8.5 plate coral and it might be too big for my tank. If I don't feel comfortable with fragging it, I probably will consider trading it. Anyone?</span>

my guess is like at the frag meeting when they fragged the brain coral with a wet saw. You have to cut through the plate and break it down in to smaller pieces.

Yes it can. I've even provided you with a link for guidance. Do I get a free frag? Just kidding. Have fun fragging.

Here's the link
a>

Have a big leather that is attached (barely) to 2 different rocks. The rocks were 1 and are coming apart. My understanding is that ripping that flesh will injure it - not like a coral. Is this correct?

/end noob Q and hijack_thread

A leather is actually a coral, not an invert. If you are wishing to frag a leather you can just cut a few pieces of the head off and the frags will grow a new base. You can even cut the entire head off and the base will grow a new head. I'm not sure if this same rule will apply in your situation because you will be cutting at the bottom of the base.

If you are just attempting to complete the seperation from one of the rocks you can just cut it and it should heal.

Tonester_man;28940 wrote: <span style="color: black;">Can a plate coral be fragged? If so, what would be the best method for doing it? I just got a HUGE 7x8.5 plate coral and it might be too big for my tank. If I don't feel comfortable with fragging it, I probably will consider trading it. Anyone?</span>

Ya Like the link AJ supplied, It is not too hard to frag it... I have been loong for one with long tenticals, if you are looking at getting rid of one of them there frags! ;)

mitchelliii;28954 wrote: Have a big leather that is attached (barely) to 2 different rocks. The rocks were 1 and are coming apart. My understanding is that ripping that flesh will injure it - not like a coral. Is this correct?

/end noob Q and hijack_thread

Ya cut along the foot where it meets one rock and free that rock. It will heal just fine. (or should) Fragging a leather is like most any other softie.

As everyone said, but they are slow growers, so the healing process will take a while, which opens up the process to more problems. Possible, but not as easy as the SPS "bust it and run" technique.

This guy has short testicles.

So it ended up this guy was way too big for my tank so I ended up fragging him into a few large chunks. Will prob frag him a few more times to make some smaller pieces.

woops, sorry one track mind....... D'oh...... well once i frag all the pieces again they might be up for grabs......

Back