Please tell me this will work....

darren24

Market
Reaction score
I am setting up a new 120G with dual overflows and returns. I decided to use 1 larger pump (Mag 12) versus 2 smaller ones. Will this 'T" work for the return hoses? The light gray is 1 1/4 coming from the Mag 12 and the 2 darker (smaller) are 1 inch going to the returns. Thanks in advance. :)

085_zpsd69914e0.jpg
alt="" />

Should do. You might want to put valves on both sides of the T so you can adjust the flow on one or the other (or both) if need be.

Jenn

+1 in valves.. At least 1 before the T or 2 after the T.

2 after the T will allow you to adjust if one pushes more than the other. In a perfect world, the same amount will flow through both sides, but this isn't a perfect world.

Have either a union or an easy way to disconnect the pump from the tubing to service the pump too. Many overlook that little step and find out the hard way when the time comes to take the pump off for cleaning or repair.

Jenn

Darren have you considered using a 1" SCW to get a switching current? We have them on 5 tanks and really like them! Holley

Raz0945;966563 wrote: Darren have you considered using a 1" SCW to get a switching current? We have them on 5 tanks and really like them! Holley

That's what I would do

Raz0945;966563 wrote: Darren have you considered using a 1" SCW to get a switching current? We have them on 5 tanks and really like them! Holley

Anyway to post pictures of your setup, Holley? I'm in the preplanning stages for a setup and i'm looking for ideas.

Wannabee

Sorry guys I was running out the door and didn't noticed I mistyped "SCWD". Its a wavemaker that does not use electricity, it's run by your pump. I like the 1" because you can take the top off to clean it. melve'sreef.com is where I got the info but there's plenty of videos to show different installations. I have it on a 29g, 30g, 40g, 55g and 125g. You would be welcome to stop by and see how it works.:yes:

Back