Plumbing help needed

miktrav

Market
Reaction score
I bought the standard all Glass Megaflow kit for my 120 gallon overflow. Can someone tell me what size PVC pipe and fittings I need to mate to this. Before I had ribbed and flexible tubing connected but this time I'd like to go PVC.

Michael

I used those on my tank and all of the bulkheads in my kit had barbed fittings. You should check yours, if you are wanting to use pvc plumbing you will need new bulkheads. Check your holes in the 120 and you can find out what size bulkheads you are able to use.

I have the all Glass megaflow kit and all you need is some clear pvc clamped to regular PVC ad your good. My build thread and others have the some pics of this.

That's how I had it plumbed on my 75 but this time I want to use PVC instead. I guess I have another unplanned trip to the reef store.

fishtank;963471 wrote: I have the all Glass megaflow kit and all you need is some clear pvc clamped to regular PVC ad your good. My build thread and others have the some pics of this.

yeah if you dont like it this way then I guess a new bulk head is needed. One thing I like is that it gives a little flex to the plumbing.

plumbing2.jpg
alt="" />

Fishtank,

Havr you ever had any problems with the rubber unions slipping loose or coming apart during maintenance?

fishtank;963479 wrote: yeah if you dont like it this way then I guess a new bulk head is needed. One thing I like is that it gives a little flex to the plumbing.

plumbing2.jpg
alt="" />
well...thats one way to do it...lol

All right then.

heathlindner25;963498 wrote: Oh ya.

Can anyone provide some guidance on the right way to do this? Right now my tank is running with only power heads and a canister filter. I'd like to get this done by the weekend but I want it done the right way.

my father in law and I set this up, he has no aquarium experience but he is a plumber of 40 years. Not sure what is wrong with this setup?

It looks like it works to me too. I may try it if I don't get something better than "oh ya"

I used the barb fittings and flexible hose rather than hard PVC. I have used both on different tanks and I like the ease of working with hose and getting it in the position I want.

I think it all comes down to preference and what you like. I see nothing wrong with what he has in that photo.

I thought the whole idea of a barbed connector is to use the barb so im confused as to why you would glue on the inside. Each to his own I guess. It's working just fine for me.

I just bought some slip pvc fittings from Pure Reef. The inflow on my sump is 3/4 do I use a reducer to go from 1" to 3/4?

Yes, fittings = slip bulkhead in this instance. By inflow I meant the drain from the tank and into the sump. Yes my tank will accommodate 1" bulkheads on the overflow and return.

Bgcoop8784;963590 wrote: Confused..by fittings do you mean slip bulkheads, and by inflow I guess that would be the return line going into the tank? If so, I'm guessing you got 1" slip bulkheads, did you measure to make sure a 1" bulkhead will fit the tank on the return hole?

Back