plumbing???????????????????????????????????

Zanski;153454 wrote: well if the ID of the bulkhead is 1.25, and the pvc ID is 1.25 that means it wont slide up in the bulkhead because the pipe and bulkhead should match up perfect right? I havent tried to slide the pvc in the bulkhead but im sure they will just match up perfect with each other. The bulkheads came with the aquarium so I assume that they are all-glass. So then what do I do??

HD's plumbing department is a nightmare. i was trying to find a male 1" adapter yesterday and ended up purchasing a 1" to 3/4" reducing adapter.

GO TO LOWES for plumbing supplies (or a plumbing warehouse if there's one near you). i find prices between HD and lowes is about 30% cheaper at lowes. a ball valve at HD will cost you $5 and change but it'sl $3.50 at lowes.

in order to use a female adapter to fit a 1 1/4" bulkhead, i believe you need to use a 1 3/4" (or 1 1/2") female adapter. i've never tried to fit PVC piping "over" the bulkhead. instead, i've always used an adapter "under" the bulkhead and used a male adapter.

humptrax;153588 wrote: HD's plumbing department is a nightmare. i was trying to find a male 1" adapter yesterday and ended up purchasing a 1" to 3/4" reducing adapter.

GO TO LOWES for plumbing supplies (or a plumbing warehouse if there's one near you). i find prices between HD and lowes is about 30% cheaper at lowes. a ball valve at HD will cost you $5 and change but it'sl $3.50 at lowes.

in order to use a female adapter to fit a 1 1/4" bulkhead, i believe you need to use a 1 3/4" (or 1 1/2") female adapter. i've never tried to fit PVC piping "over" the bulkhead. instead, i've always used an adapter "under" the bulkhead and used a male adapter.

a 1.75 or 1.5 adapter wont work...or are you reffering to a 1.25 to 1.75 reducer?

Either way, make sure you go inside and NOT outside.

Zanski;153022 wrote: Okay, so I have a 1.25" return bulkhead. (trying to hard plumb my drain) I went to home depot and got a 1.25" female coupling (sp?) and it wont screw on. It gets maybe 3 threads in and its too tight to get further. Is there special fittings for bulkheads??

1 1/4" male adapter (threads on the outside) should screw into the inside of the bulkhead without a problem.

reducer? i don't think we're trying to reduce/increase pipe diameter here, are we?

maybe i have my plumbing language mixed up...

Okay so I will slide some pvc inside the bulkhead and just leave some room for a saw. There are no threads inside the bulkhead. So I will just glue. I cant WAIT till I can get a house that I can do an in wall system. Im 6'4" 250 so its such a pain to drain the overflow and remove the bulkhead. I tried to screw an adapter on the outside of the bulkhead and sure enough the seal started leaking WOW what a pain!!

P.S

If someone has a tank lying around that is 36" long by 12-16" deep by atleast 12" high I NEED one ASAP! I have a asm g3 that takes up half of my sump with the ball valve. This way I can redo the bulkhead when I remove the old sump. Thanks!!

Back