Polylab Coral View Lens Vs Aquarium Camera App

Jwhite0007

Market
Reaction score
I’ve purchased both the Polylab Reef Lens (V2) and the Aquarium Camera off the Apple App Store now. I’m using an iPhone 11 Pro for pics. I graded on 4 factors: ease of use, colors, clarity, and cost. Here are my thoughts:

1. Aquarium Cam
Ease of use: 5
Colors: 8
Clarity (no zoom): 10
Clarity (zoomed in): 6
Cost: $2.99 (I think), 10

Overall thoughts: It’s good, not great. I love that it has a built in “gel filters” and the cost is significantly cheaper than other options. It is frustrating at first. You’ve got to play with the settings to get it “dialed-in”. Even after playing with the settings, if you zoom in, pictures often come out blurry.

2. Polylab Coral Lens (V2)
Ease of use: 10
Colors: 9
Clarity (no zoom): 10
Clarity (zoomed-in): 10
Cost $40: 5

Overall thoughts: Very, very easy to use. My not so tech savvy parents could use it very easily which was a big win for me. It comes with 2 different lenses. Since I run heavy blues, the darker orange lens is the only one I’ve used. Overall, the colors are great with this lens and I didn’t see any performance or clarify reduction from my iPhone 11 Pro when zooming in. The only downside in my opinion is the cost. I’ve never priced out lens filters before for photography so I don’t know if that is a reasonable price for lenses or not. Overall, I’m very satisfied.

I’ve attached pics of my orange frogspawn. The first pic was taken with the Polylab lens and the second was with the Aquarium Cam. Overall you can’t go wrong with either option. It just depends on what you’re willing to spend. For the money, I would recommend the Aquarium Cam over the Polylab Lens (just based upon cost). If cost isn’t a factor and you prefer ease of use, go with the Polylab.

Attachments

• 66336780-C66E-4D72-B09B-54D9FDE437BA.jpeg
    66336780-C66E-4D72-B09B-54D9FDE437BA.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 16
  • FD82FC34-4D2F-415F-AFBC-D512FC6AA8C8.jpeg
    FD82FC34-4D2F-415F-AFBC-D512FC6AA8C8.jpeg
    358.9 KB · Views: 16
Back