Pony Build in the Works

tnyga

Market
Reaction score
Ok, so I sold EVERYTHING in my 54 including lights, tank, LR, Livestock blah blah blah...

About 2 1/2 minutes after that I realized I cant go months without a tank before the big one is ready to go...So I decided on Ponies...I bought what I thought would be a good tank, 18 nano here on ARC...Thanks Lenny for talking me out of something so small...

<ul>
<li>18 Nano broke down and worked out a 36 Oceanic Cube. Heres the details...</li>
<li>36 Oceanic Cube</li>
<li>CPR Aquafuge w/built in skimmer w/MJ1200 pump</li>
<li>MJ400 for light flow</li>
<li>100 wat heater that will probably never get used (72-74 degrees it sems to be holding at</li>
<li>80w 50/50 power compacts</li>
<li>35 lbs of nice coralined LR</li>
<li>PLENTY of snails/Blue leggd hermits/Emerald Crab/COOL Eectric Blue Hermit, Cleaner Shrimp</li>
<li>Xenia, Yellow polyps, kenya tree courtesy of BOBz (Thank You)!!!</li>
<li>Red Gorgonia</li>
<li>Small GSP</li>
<li>a VERY cool Wheelers Shrimp Goby with a Pistol Shrimp Buddy</li>
</ul>Thats about it for now...Ponies will come in 3-4 weeks...Looking forward to seeing yours Dawg!

FutureInterest;126978 wrote: Looking good Russ.

pm sent!

Thanks Jin...kinda fun starting over...just looks silly being empty all over again lol

Thanks again BobZ!

thanks man...hows yours coming round? Sun gonna make it?

Are ya gonna be mad if I tell ya the truth? things seem to be getting worse in the tank..Im only a couple days from breaking it all down..

ugggggh Is he gone...can he be salvaged? Like me to try? Or is he history..Send me a pm

Looks good Russ. I have a couple of thoughts.

1st - is the emerald crab a threat to the ponies? I would think it may eat them

2nd - I have been using the aquafuge w/ skimmer for a year on my 20H. The skimmer is OK but could be better. I have ported the venturi on mine to reduce drag on the water flow. It helped a bit. I just got in a resun king 225f needlewheel pump to replace the MJ1200. I will keep you updated on how it works out. I was going to do a needlewheel mod on the MJ impellar, but I found this pump for relatively cheap and I don't have to mess anything up. Here is the link

detail.aspx

KRB;127017 wrote: Looks good Russ. I have a couple of thoughts.

1st - is the emerald crab a threat to the ponies? I would think it may eat them

2nd - I have been using the aquafuge w/ skimmer for a year on my 20H. The skimmer is OK but could be better. I have ported the venturi on mine to reduce drag on the water flow. It helped a bit. I just got in a resun king 225f needlewheel pump to replace the MJ1200. I will keep you updated on how it works out. I was going to do a needlewheel mod on the MJ impellar, but I found this pump for relatively cheap and I don't have to mess anything up. Here is the link

http://www.aquacave.com/detail.aspx?ID=1705">http://www.aquacave.com/detail.aspx?ID=1705</a>[/QUOTE]

I will probably find a home for the emerald when the time comes...they may nip at tails...

Your right abutthe skimmr...I need to find a better pump...tell me if the king works...how much was it?? Where did you get it...do you get gunk out of the skimmer? I cant seem to get enough bubbles to do anything worthwhile...I have the prism on it also atm... Do tell me more...PM me info

Hey man! The tank looks good! You are welcome to more frags if you need them! Quick update for you, the clam is loving life in my 30G under my sunpod, I'll post some pics tomorrow. The fuge is running full tilt on my frag tank and working great too. I swapped out the ASM on the 55G and looking to put the coralife in it's place. This tank will be home to my Singapore Angel (thanks Linda!) in a couple more weeks. I'd love to see some pics of your shrimp and goby pair.
Bob

Right about now frags are great lol By he time I got the camera the goby/shrimp were gone...Goby was perched and the pistol right behind him just waiting...such a cool thing! I really liked the clam but the highlight of my 54 was my suncoral..it started as a PITA but ended out to be, without question, my favorite

Red Gorgonia. Make sure you spot feed it. It will not las t long on light by it self.

WOLFIE;127094 wrote: Red Gorgonia. Make sure you spot feed it. It will not las t long on light by it self.

Thanks wolfie...what do they eat?

http://www.saltwaterfish.com/site_11_03/product_info.php?products_id=1851&parent_category=4&category_search=63&root_parent_id=4">http://www.saltwaterfish.com/site_11_03/product_info.php?products_id=1851&parent_category=4&category_search=63&root_parent_id=4</a>

It will take in Mysis also when it can.

tim I think re remeber it, but may not know what that mean :D I sure didn't till way latter on.

I was probably adding up the money I spent instead of listening. :)

Back