Pop eye in fish

downtime89

Market
Reaction score
Hey anyone here ever had a problem with pop eye in a fish? I looked into my fiances tank today and 2 of her clowns have it in one eye and a flame angel. Never had a problem with this since doing tanks for 6+ years....what do i do?

I just recently had a tang with popeye, I was lucky enough to know what caused it. I had taken out my skimmer and left the return on and a big cloud from the sump (all the sump nasties) was clouding the DT tank, turned it off, let it settle down for an hour. Three days later my tang developed popeye. I figured out it was a bacterial infection and started the tang and every fish on Metro & Focus in their food 5-6 times a day for 3 days, I could tell the eye was better, did a small water change-10%, kept up the feeding for 4 times a day for another 7 days and did my regular weekly water change in there somewhere. He is 100% better! Keep Metro and Focus in the fish medicine cabinet! I hope this is helpful.:D

It is very helpfull but the only thing i know we have changed is added a red linkia a week ago and started running a thing of phosguard.

Back