Pop-eye

ga_daisy

Market
Reaction score
Looks like my Purple Firefish has popeye. Any suggestions?

The only thing I can figure is, I came home and my birdsnest has been broken (frag plug still planted in rock), think she may have ran into it causing eye trauma. I'm unsure if the two are connected or not. She pretty much is staying on the bottom with her face in the corner of the tank. Her tank mates are not bothering her.

Any thoughts or suggestions....feeling helpless and concerned.

You can use Kanaplex & Focus in a 1:1 ratio as a food additive. That will combat any secondary infection caused by the injury. The injury won't kill the fish, but an infection can.

It's safe to use Kanaplex in that manner - in food. Focus is a binder and also has some antibiotic properties. It will bind the medication to the food.

Jenn

So treat the food....feed everyone in the tank? I'm assuming this is reef safe, no drama from fall out of the treatment?

Where would I find the meds? Would PetSmart or Petco have this sort of thing, order online? I live out in the sticks, so by the time I made it to a saltwater store, it would be closed (and...tomorrow being Sunday...not sure what would be available to me then either)

Thanks....

So treat the food....feed everyone in the tank? I'm assuming this is reef safe, no drama from fall out of the treatment?

Where would I find the meds? Would PetSmart or Petco have this sort of thing, order online? I live out in the sticks, so by the time I made it to a saltwater store, it would be closed (and...tomorrow being Sunday...not sure what would be available to me then either)

Thanks....

I carry it... PM me if you'd like me to send you some.

And yes, when used in the food, there's no fallout in a reef.

Jenn

Back