Possible Sick Goby

Trizzino

Moderator Extraordinaire
Staff member
Supporting
Reaction score
Hi all,

So yesterday I noticed something odd with my goby. His spine is crooked. My powder blue is dealing with Ich even after QT. My DT was free of ich prior to introducing so I am not sure where it came from. However, my goby has shown no symptoms of illness even now. He still has his appetite, swims around and doesn't show any signs of worms or sores. Any ideas? I am treating now with Kanoplex in the food as a precaution. Pictures below.

Thanks

Austin

73e25c19caf8e7e19e85a054fef60535.jpg
alt="" />
d1782907b93d23dd6f1bcea92d635a9f.jpg
alt="" />
353314df5c0d97e7dc2397de5172af8a.jpg
alt="" />
f740e3a55c3107c53bf6bd32cebc2c8e.jpg
alt="" />

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, thats Gus Bus. He's the goby that the flame was picking on.

The crooked bit might be a mechanical injury - not much you can do about it.

He looks a bit thin. Has he been dewormed? Sleeper gobies often carry intestinal worms, and they can waste away even though they are eating well.

PraziPro is good for that, or foods that have metronidazole, lavamisole or praziquantel in them. They'll kill the worms and let the fish use all the nutrition instead of having their food robbed by parasites.

Jenn

I believe my Pearly Jawfish has intestinal worms. I noticed a brown string hanging out of his anus yesterday and he's not been eating or acting normally since. I was able to get him to take some food today but he is definitely weak. He is in my reef tank. Is the medicated food you recommended readily available and do I just spot feed him, or feed all of the fish in the tank for some period? The other fish appear to be fine. How likely is the Jawfish to recover?

Thanks in advance for any help!

JennM;1101370 wrote: The crooked bit might be a mechanical injury - not much you can do about it.

He looks a bit thin. Has he been dewormed? Sleeper gobies often carry intestinal worms, and they can waste away even though they are eating well.

PraziPro is good for that, or foods that have metronidazole, lavamisole or praziquantel in them. They'll kill the worms and let the fish use all the nutrition instead of having their food robbed by parasites.

Jenn

Back