post your ghetto rigs!!!!!! ...:)

this is my rig, they're mounted on an old intel cpu cooler/fan. that's one reason I don't want to go diy on a LED powerbuy :)

Mobile%20Photo%20Aug%208%2C%202010%209%2050%2003%20AM.jpg
alt="" />

I'll have to take some pics of the hood on my 90 when I get home. It was originally built for a 55 that I took down right before my 90, but I never got around to building a new canopy and just modified this one.

I used some eggcrate and covered it with screen material to keep jumpers in the tank and worked with my dad to use an old computer power supply to run two fans and some LED moonlights.

Hey Larry, even though its no beauty contest winner, I like the setup! Definitely diggin the DIY level guages. I've never seen anyone do that before.

Hmmm... ideas for my build!

Crewdawg1981;549750 wrote: Hey Larry, even though its no beauty contest winner, I like the setup! Definitely diggin the DIY level guages. I've never seen anyone do that before.

Hmmm... ideas for my build!

I agree 100% love the level meters

kayakATL;546954 wrote: Ill take pix when I get my tank moved to my house but my ATO is rigged. Parts list:

1 vertical float switch (thanks AndyMan!)
1 dosing pump
1 12v relay
1 small project box
1 9v batt. harness
1 9v batt.
1 piece of thin acrylic boiled and bent to 90* angle for float switch and a cheapo petsmart cleaning mag. to hold my strip to my sump wall making it adjustable.

Yeah... i never got around to getting a 12v power supply running. I tore one out of an old PC and never finished the project.. I am powering a 12v relay with 9 volts I have to replace about monthly. New house is good motivation to fix this. Oh... and my sump is 1/2 a wet dry with the skimmer in a 10 gal Sterolite container connected by 1.5" pvc and bulkheads. I will post pix when i can get them.

And... the promised pix.

039.jpg
alt="" />
038.jpg
alt="" />
037.jpg
alt="" />
036.jpg
alt="" />

Finding room under a 55 is not so easy. I made it work. Knowing what I know now, I would have done it differently, but it works!

Man Kayak you werent kidding! I know your pain though. Working under my old 55 was a pain in the rear. I'm sooo glad I've got so much space under my 90 now and really cant wait to have the sump room for my 180 :D

Back