power out?

^my grandfather restored and owns a sherman tank...if you want to get super crazy....buying the 75mm Shells for it..is a bit of a hassel

We got our power back on Sunday night about 9:30 only to loose it again at 2am. We have had a generator running our tanks (-lights) since then. We still don't have power and Jackson EMC doesn't know when we will get it back. We are having to set the alarm on our cell phone during the night to make sure we get up and add gas to the generator every 2 hours. Wood burning fireplace insert is keeping the family room pretty warm and we have closed off the rest of the house. The kids have enjoyed "camping out" in the family room. I'm so very ready for all the snow to go away!!!

I'm in athens and had to get a generator. you're welcome to borrow it if needed.

jamescook;301668 wrote: I'm in athens and had to get a generator. you're welcome to borrow it if needed.

Thanks! Our power came back on around 4 this afternoon. :thumbs: Fish are much happier with light. Everything seems to be fine. Thank goodness we had the generator. It was loud but it kept our pumps, skimmer and heaters going. :yay:

as far as oxygen goes, a 10 buck battery operated pump will work as long as you need it to.

As far as heat, well, on my last set-up, I had thick styro-foam boards that skirted my stand (as before it had just been a very sturdy table). I always figured I could clad all 4 sides of my tank in the foam (as glass disapates heat very quickly) should I need to.
I now have only a nano, and personally would be tempted to use an old Omaha Steaks shipping cooler (have you seen those? They are like 3" thick with an airtight lid) as a holding tank for the live stock. That and a battery operated pump w/ airstone could keep things going longer than most emergency "plan B"'s, barring of course a $1000.00 generator.....

Back