Powerhead placement

lsu_fishfan

Market
Reaction score
Hi Everyone, after attending the meeting Sunday, I got the idea of placing both of my mp40s on one side of the tank to allow more viewing space on the side of my tank. Currently, I have one on each side slightly offset from front to back. I am thinking of moving one powerhead to the lower side of the tank to create a flow across the sand bed and front of the rock work, than somewhat diagonal of the lower pump, position the second mp40 higher up and almost directly over the rock work to create a flow over the rocks for other coral. Hole everything I'm saying is making since.

Has anyone else ever tried using both pumps on the same side of the glass?

Below is a picture of the side I would like to place both pumps. The current pump could be positioned a little higher and then have the second pump 8-10 inches off the sand bed
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
1055750=64692-image.jpg
>
1055750=64692-image.jpg
class="gc-images" title="image.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Why not move them to the back wall and keep one on each side, this is how I have mine set up. In fact I just added a 3rd rw8 in the center (on the back wall)

dball711;1055763 wrote: Why not move them to the back wall and keep one on each side, this is how I have mine set up. In fact I just added a 3rd rw8 in the center (on the back wall)

I've thought about that as well. The side I am thinking about is the only with no viewing area.

You should go ahead and try it, it should work fine. If not you can alway move them back or into other spots. This what I like about our hobby, the experimenting and bring different things. I really don't think you can go wrong with your plan.

dball711;1055766 wrote: You should go ahead and try it, it should work fine. If not you can alway move them back or into other spots. This what I like about our hobby, the experimenting and bring different things. I really don't think you can go wrong with your plan.

Thanks, I may try placing them on the back glass. Do you have them placed directly behind the rock structures or above or on the sides of the rock?

Top corners pointed at opposite corners (adjusting aim high or low) and top middle pointed at front glass (still playing with how high or low to aim it). Hope that helps and let me know hat your findings are.

Back