Pre-Done MJ Mod Kits

cameron

Market
Reaction score
<span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="color: #191970;">EcoSystem Maxijet MOD Kit</span></span>

http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=ECO-MOD&Category_Code=Maxijet">http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=ECO-MOD&Category_Code=Maxijet</a>

[B]<span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="color: #191970;">Sure Flow 1600 Kit</span></span>[/B]
[B]<span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="color: #191970;"></span></span>[/B]
[IMG]http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=AF-SF1600&Category_Code">http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=AF-SF1600&Category_Code</a>=

Thought I would pass along the products.

hey cam you have any insight on either of them? Like which gives better gph and flow pattern? Thanks for this link, very cool.

you got that right andy i bet more people would but them just because they are cheaper and because maxi jets hardly ever break down

I bought a couple of the top units just to see how they work. Will let everyone know. I know the bottom unit sells out frequently.

No idea what the real differences between them are other than one comes with the clip and the other doesn't.

BTW, better deal on the second kit

ps_ViewItem.aspx

alright i got the ones from cams second post and they are pretty impressive! Put it in my 55 and things were blowing all over. Tested start and stop and seemed to turn correctly everytime with no lag...grantged thats because of the intergrated bump start. Over all, for 14 bux, its a great buy! Now I'm going to throw them on the wavemaker pro I have coming and I'll see how they hold up.

Could I use a moded mj to power my skimmer? I'd need the out-put intact to connect to my Aqua-c Remora. I don't see how you could get that mod under the output/impellar cover

you might, but I'm not too sure about that. You'd have to do some mod to get a tube over the outlet of the MJ mod. Could work.

Soooo after noticing the flow in my tank not looking so right I looked a lil closer to the prop on one of the mods, and the propeller blades were no longer on the shaft! WTF! I contacted the place where I got them, lets see what they say. And this was only on a MJ400. Very odd.

Dakota9;87095 wrote: Could I use a moded mj to power my skimmer? I'd need the out-put intact to connect to my Aqua-c Remora. I don't see how you could get that mod under the output/impellar cover

Might not work, the mod increases the flow but decreases the head pressure, You maynot get enough pressure at the nozzle to draw good amount of air, moreover you will still have to adjust the outlet to fit to the skimmer which may bring you back to the original design.

glxtrix;87719 wrote: Soooo after noticing the flow in my tank not looking so right I looked a lil closer to the prop on one of the mods, and the propeller blades were no longer on the shaft! WTF! I contacted the place where I got them, lets see what they say. And this was only on a MJ400. Very odd.

I hope it was a fluke, I have the same one on order from marine depot

yeah i picked up 4 from them. I think its a fluke tho, they seem to be very well built! I'm extremely impressed with them. It was odd tho, had it working in the tank fine for a few days and then I noticed it not doing what its supposed to, took a look and it looked like they were ripped off from the base of the shaft. Very odd. Guess we'll see what they say.

SuAsati;87720 wrote: Might not work, the mod increases the flow but decreases the head pressure, You maynot get enough pressure at the nozzle to draw good amount of air, moreover you will still have to adjust the outlet to fit to the skimmer which may bring you back to the original design.

I'm considering powering my Aqua-C Remora with a Mag 250, or Mag 350, would you or anyone else avise this?

250 wouldn't be worth it seeing that the mj1200 is 295. MAG 3's do come with the Remora Pro, but those bodies are larger than the regular remora. You could try it and see how it handles it.

I used some left over parts from my SEIO's and aquaclears plus some zipties. Its totally makeshift, but it works.

I glue a giant magnet to the back of the MJs. I haven't used them in a few months, but with the home built mods it worked great... cheap too. Just make sure it is a sealed magnet.

Back