Prefab sumps

snowmansnow

Market
Reaction score
Ok. So I'm thinking of going w a prefab sump on this build, but not sure they are worth it. Take a trigger systems sump that will fit where I need it to.... $350ish. Dang.

Has anyone had experience w them? Are there other brands I should look at that offer as much ? Probe holders, adjustable water height, sock holders that kinda thing.

Any help is appreciated
B

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i was recently in your shoes. i was debating between prefab and diy but decided to go the diy route. the only real advantage i would say you get with going diy is that you get it the exact size you want. most of the features you could want come in a lot of prefabs and you wont save much money going diy, and if you count the labor involved you'll actually come out cheaper going prefab. and besides as long as you go with a reputable company you know the workmanship will be good.

I've ways made my own sumps... Not a big deal, but to maximize sump size this time I'd need something custom built.

I don't have a lot of wet space under the stand because I have a wet area / a wall / then an area for electronics .... 24x24 would be awesome

I absolutely love my Elite Aquatics RS-40. I believe they do custom work as well.

I just purchased a ruby red trigger systems sump. It's awesome.
I found mine on craigslist and paid $150.
Way better than the 20L or 40B sump I have made it the past.

I have a Trigger Tideline 36, my first prefab sump. I'll never build another one in my life. This thing is amazing.

Triggers are very nice and much cheaper than going custom. I had a Ruby30 but didn't fit my needs really but it was a great looking and quality build. I'd purchase from them again. Aquarium specialty carries them and gives our ARC discount.

Eshopps just came out with a new line of (reef) sumps that look pretty nice and seem to have some neat features.

cant go wrong with trigger systems.

I needed more, so I've always gone with the ADHI Model 60 for my 220 and 265.
Longest trigger systems sump that I know of is 39. Mine is 48. (I still wanted more) but i didn't want to go the DIY route. Otherwise I would have used a rubbermade tub with acrylic baffles from home depot.

HiImSean;1031134 wrote: Triggers are very nice and much cheaper than going custom. I had a Ruby30 but didn't fit my needs really but it was a great looking and quality build. I'd purchase from them again. Aquarium specialty carries them and gives our ARC discount.

How do I employ said discount:)?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

All I saw was one :/ and it won't fit

SnowManSnow;1031163 wrote: How do I employ said discount:)?

showthread.php

I have a reef synergy 34, looks good workmanship is awesome and been in Louisiana got mine next day.. they do matching ATO and do custom work also I have a pic on my phone but have no signal in the office.

Russ-IV;1031147 wrote: cant go wrong with trigger systems.

I needed more, so I've always gone with the ADHI Model 60 for my 220 and 265.
Longest trigger systems sump that I know of is 39. Mine is 48. (I still wanted more) but i didn't want to go the DIY route. Otherwise I would have used a rubbermade tub with acrylic baffles from home depot.

They do have a 48
It's the one i mentioned above.

I have been toying with getting my Frankenstein sumps out and replacing with a Trigger.... They are extremely nice!!!

Advanced acrylics is another viable option. I know they got some bad press some years back, but everything I've heard about them recently has been positive. They sell some basic ones for pretty cheap as well.

I had Advanced Acrylics build my new tank,a 60"x30x24" 185g peninsula with black end panel and external overflow.i was very pleased in the customer service and thrilled with the tank.they built my ATO container some years ago also.
They answered emails very fast and had my tank shipped out in 3 weeks just like they promised.
Now if I could just finish the addition on my house,I could set it up

Back