Pretty sure I have dinoflagellates

jgoal55

Market
Reaction score
:boo:

I dont even want to begin to deal with this especially with what I have read so far.....Im moving in a month or month and half and I am seriously thinking of just letting it be until then......maybe run a lights out for 3 days but im not sure the SPS would enjoy that too much.

My PBrT which was doing great died and I think the dinos may have killed it.

not happy. I hate reef tanks.....why did you all get me into this?!?!?!? This is more love hate than golf and thats tough to do!!!

Can u post pics. Are ur snails or crabs dying I think one or the other dies when u have fino sure it not cyano

whats up vic....you down here yet?

I dont think its cyano because its too hairy....although I do have some cyano as well. supposedly its common to get both at the same time.

Its been weird because at first I though for sure it was hair algae....I had a little bit of it but it went away after a while.....then it came back as whatever I have now.....I though it was hair but the color is too light imo. Also, it doesnt grow in length, only in area. Also, has bubbles all over it which I dont think hair gets so much of. A few people down here have had outbreaks so maybe its something I picked up when I bought LR from other reefers.

Ill post pics tomorrow but its such a light color thats its tough to get a good pic of. It looks like a long (about 1/2 inch) greenish peach fuzz all over my rocks.

Back