Problems With Tank...

kr561

Market
Reaction score
Anyone having problems with their tanks at the moment???

i kinda am,just wanted to see how everyone else was out there:eek:

i didnt need to know that,i said problems with your "TANK".....lol j/k ...yea i bought this tank light and everything,thought lighting was good enough to last me atleast a little while...i thought wrong...got some sand that wont seem to settle or filter,everytime i touch the bed its like a dust storm

I have to replace my VHO ballast on my 120 tomorrow. Every morning it pops the GFI when it tries to turn on. After 9:00am, I can turn it on manually...but not before! It's about 1 hour after the MH's come on. I still can't figure that one out. I thought it was the end caps, changed them out yesterday....no deal. Now I'm going to change this ballast (advance) with one I know works well (icecap 660), hopefully saving me time down the road.

I have a digitata that's not doing good and I don't know why since every other SPS in the tank is doing great.

I have several fish that are thriving and I apparently have Cardinalfish poison in my system. Have lost two, with water params fine the whole time. Both just slowed down their eating until they stopped, no matter what I fed.

all your problems are making me feel better about mine...thank you! =)

those ****damsels!! lol...how long did it take for your cycle??

blu_devl_06;320465 wrote: My new tank is going well. Cycling complete. Pars fine, Algae starting to disapear, I am however down to 9 damsels out of 11, I have to send the dominoe to trial, but the evidense is overwhelming, I have a killer damsel on my hands. That's where the white stuff came from, I caught attacking another damsel. He is doing them like a dolphin does a shark, ramming and pecking at their gills. When I get back from Mexico, I'm getting my rodi, light setup, and will get the damsels out!

Good luck catching those buggers. I have had to rip my rock work out to catch them before. If you have time, fish trap. :D

Your problem is you don't test! LOL you knw my problem, nothing major.

I have my new tank sitting in my car and I need someone to help me bring it up to my condo but all my friends are at work so I cant do anything until the afternoon.:sad:

i cycled for 4 days...i really hope i didnt rush things,i used 40lbs of live rock,from an established tank,and 55 gallons of water from an established system,i hope thats enough bacteria to get me started,i just really really really dont want to lose anything

blu_devl_06;320493 wrote: If you rush, you risk losing stuff. I have lost 2 of my 11 damsels, not because of cycling, but fighting LOL!! These guys are ruthless. I think I need to make a video of what not to start a tank with!!!
damsels are shark food!

echinatl;320479 wrote: I have my new tank sitting in my car and I need someone to help me bring it up to my condo but all my friends are at work so I cant do anything until the afternoon.:sad:

if you still need help, i am willing to lend a hand, send # in pm and i will give you a call..

Gary

KR561;320484 wrote: i cycled for 4 days...i really hope i didnt rush things,i used 40lbs of live rock,from an established tank,and 55 gallons of water from an established system,i hope thats enough bacteria to get me started,i just really really really dont want to lose anything

I just set up my new tank several weeks ago using mature live rock, established live sand out of a well maintained aqaurium and a couple gallons of the water as well. Everything went so smooth it was unbelievable. I waited on a cycle which did not come after a week. Before placing anything in it I used ammonium chloride to test the bacteria and it started a very quick cycle..about 3-4 days and then everything was fine. just an FYI.

Back