Pvc cement question

jdw

Reaction score
So I am doing my tank maintenance and decided to swap my mag24 with my new jabeo DC pump. Problem is, I had to modify my plumbing. I used some cement to glue a true union on my return plumbing. Whats the minimum time I should wait until I put the return plumbing back in use? Currently I have my circulation powerheads going but that is it.

Alot of them will be useable by 30 minutes to an hour but to be safe i always wait at least 2-3. never had any ill effects.

Better safe than sorry, the pvc cement literally welds plastic to plastic so its actually a fairly quick process but to be safe its better to let the plastics cool and really solidify; they are soft at the joint for a little bit.

How fast it cures depends on whether you intended to glue that piece in just that spot. :lol:

Try taking them apart again a nano-second after you realize you put it together wrong! :doh:

Jenn

JennM;978900 wrote: How fast it cures depends on whether you intended to glue that piece in just that spot. :lol:

Try taking them apart again a nano-second after you realize you put it together wrong! :doh:

Jenn

Been there done that... Got the tshirt :)

Back