Pvc Gate Valves

basscyn

Market
Reaction score
Does anyone know where to get PVC gate valves? I have a sump/fuge project going. In my PVC piping I would rather have gate valves than ball valves. Ball valves are redily availabe at Depot and Lowes. But the dont carry PVC Gate.

Anyone?

Thanks!

BASSCYN;164249 wrote: Does anyone know where to get PVC gate valves? I have a sump/fuge project going. In my PVC piping I would rather have gate valves than ball valves. Ball valves are redily availabe at Depot and Lowes. But the dont carry PVC Gate.

Anyone?

Thanks!

I got one at lowes..It was called something like a "Waste Control Valve"
I think it was with the Sprinker stuff, it was in 2 different spots..I know thats not alot of help...

In the post by "wolfie" he posted the link to where you can get the gate valves. HD or Lowes do not have them.

a>

Home Depot sells Gate Valves in the plumbing section. Good luck with your project.

Check with Chrisjet he may have gates I think he has balls.

Chris would probably loan you a ball or two if you want to try em.

At the top of "Reef Discussion" forum there's a sticky called "Useful items and where to get them". The second item on that list is gate valve. Look through that thread, you might find more "useful" thing you need for your project.

I have seen them at Lowes. Different Lowes seem to have different plumbing though...I find it hit or miss when I go by one that I dont know. They dont have a large selection and I believe I have seen them only in 3/4" and 1".

purpleGORILLA;164255 wrote: In the post by "wolfie" he posted the link to where you can get the gate valves. HD or Lowes do not have them.

http://www.handyacehardware.com/locations.aspx">http://www.handyacehardware.com/locations.aspx</a>[/QUOTE]

I bought the gate valves for my tank at Lowes.

are you sure it Gatevalve and not ballvalve? I have never seen any Lowes nor Homedepot have any

Yep Im 100% positive too. They also have the nice double union ball valves by the Lowes around the corner from me.
The plumbing section in most major box stores is always in shambles but doing aquarium maintenance for years I learned where to find most everything locally.

Thanks Everyone,
I have a coupel of Lowes nearby. I will try them first...then venture out.

MarkL;164529 wrote: why would you want a gate valve over a ball valve?

Although gate valves put more head pressure on pump they allow for a more easily controlled flow of water passing through them for fine tuning. You will see them in use on some larger skimmers for this purpose.

Back