qt options

blind1993

Market
Reaction score
ok now that it is close to the time that i will be getting my first fish in qt i need help.

background, my qt is a 5g hex
the fish is a tiny blue hippo, ich magnent

i can not keep the blue hippo in the qt longer than a week or so becuase the stress so here is the plan i came up with.

put blue hippo in qt

dose qt with metronoziod,or whatever spelling is

have mj 900 come on for 30 min then off for 30 min like that.

use 250watt heater sal gave me, thanks.

do any of you guys see a problem,

oh also i will be syphoning the dirt on the bottom of the tank out every day or so.

Better hope that heater is set right and doesn't stick on! 250watts will 'bout boil a 5 gal tank! What's your plan for filtration?

in the five gal ill keep the top open and just keep the maxijet on all the time that alone will keep the water warm just keep toping off

victor i tested that and i am up takeing the temp and it is a 65 so i guess it wont work.

I wouldn't use anything smaller than a 10 gallon for a QT tank and 4 weeks is considered minimum. Also and especially since your using a such a small tank make sure you have an established biological filter. Check this article out.

a>

I agree with Merlin... One week QT is about useless.. Metro is going to kill any biological growing in that 5 gal... If you are only going to QT for a week, and you know the fish has Ich, you better be backing it up with a treatment more known to work then metro.

well i put the used carbon from the canister filter in the 5g.

i might be able to qt for 2 weeks but that is about it.

Buy a 20G for $30 and use it! A 5G is way to small and one or two weeks is going to be pointless anyway and keep the water quality up will be next to impossible etc. Given the choice of no qt or a 5G for this fish I wouldn't qt and I'm the biggets qt guy you'll ever find!

can i use a plasitic tub?

ifso i will use a 15g one that i found at home, never been used.

Back