Question about adding Arrow Crab please

shaned

Supporting
Reaction score
I picked up a LARGE Arrow Crab (6") from an ARC member this weekend and after reading about him I'd like to know if he's OK to add to my 75 gal tank with small bottom feeder fish (scooter blenny and mandarin goby). I certainly don't want him to eat my other fish! My research says he's a meat eater and will also remove harmful worms from the tank.

Any suggestions on adding a beautiful adult Arrow Crab to this tank? My tank is about 1 yr old and well established. All fish and corals are doing well and my rose tip bubble anemone just split by itself this past weekend too.

Thanks,
Shane
678-662-6336 cell
a>

I wouldn't add him. I haven't owned one personally, but I heard stories of fish dissapearing.

Hopefully someone with some first-hand experience will speak up.

I have had a few over the past couple of years.

Things I would suggest,

Be warned that some fish will taunt them to death. (Crab 1)
If they are not feed enough they will eat other fish.
When you are feeding corals that require time to eat their food (anemones or some hard corals) they will take the food from them and could eventually damage the coral or invert.

These suggestions on just based on my history with them, I am by no means an expert....

Thanks for ALL these quick posts to my question .. I just love this site for help!

I decided to take the Arrow Crab to the local LFS and swap for something else.

Thanks again,
Shane

Back