Question About My 40 Gallon Tank

ddowns

Market
Reaction score
I have a reef question. I wanted to know if any one thinks I could run my 40 gallon reef tank with out a filter? I would have a Aqac Remora C protein skimmer and a koralia power head? I had a Fluval 305 on it which has been having problems. I traded it in today for a Eheim canister filter but I have not put it on yet. I cant put a sump on it with out drilling through either the granit or the wall which neither one I would want to do, so I am stuck with these canister filters. Just let me know if you think that is possible or not.

Thank You

I too had an Aqua C HOB skimmer on my tank. It wasn't a reef tank by any means but it was capable of keeping a BTA alive and thrive. I had 3 seio 620's and that skimmer and that was it. No sump. So yeah I believe you should be able to have a nice reef tank. Just my .02

i have a 90 gallon reef with a CPR hang on skimmer and that is it.......no filter no sump no fuge........just a CPR hang on skimmer and a few powerheads and a bunch of live rock....i keep all kinds of corals SPS LPS softies everything and keep tangs clowns mandarins all types of fish never had any problems

My 40 dosn't have a filter persay but I do have a sump and stuff some filter floss in between the baffles on occasion

Back