Question on HQI lamps

zapped82

Market
Reaction score
I currently have a pair of 250W Ushio 20K lamps driven by a galaxy dual ballast. The color is great on them but since I have several small frags I think I'd like to go for something that will help push out the growth for several months and then switch back to a 14K or 20K. I've heard the 10K will help the growth however I know they don't have the blue color. I know all the lamps react differently with different ballasts so if anyone has any suggestions I'd love to hear them.

Thanks!
Zac

dawgdude;218169 wrote: I think your looking for something around a phoenix 14k. Its a great bulb and has amazing color. 10k will be white or even yellow and you wont see many colors besides green and brown.

There must be something great about those lamps since EVERYONE says the same thing. Would I notice the growth difference between those and the 10K? I really want to see some things take off a little bit so I have some stuff larger than a broken crayon. Everything would color up again when the lamps were changed out next time right?

you corals will always colour up from being under 10kk lamps. You're not going to alter the corals genetically by having them under a 10kk lamp! You will get your best growth under 10kk lamps. Then you can put them under a more blue lamp to bring out the colouration.

Jeff.mcphail;218197 wrote: how old are your current bulbs? I may trade you for my phoenix 14k's

Unfortunately they're in desperate need of being replaced otherwise I would certainly take you up on that.

Thanks,
Zac

Back