Quick question about my skimmer...

jamos5790

Supporting
Reaction score
I have a Coralife super skimmer and it seem like it is hard to adjust the bubbles to the right height. I can set it where the bubbles barely start going up the tube and I get very little foam, or I set the bubble going @ a 1/4 to 1/2 up the tube and get @ a collection cup 1/2 in 8 hours. Is either of these setting right or is there somethine I need to be doing?

Needs very very little movement of knob to make the difference of overflowing and skimming. Very minute dual ins is the key

Dont understand "Very minute dual ins is the key"

Where should the micro bubbles be at?

Should stop about 1 inch from the rim. Eventuall skimage crudes will build up and constrict the diameter of the opening. This will cause the bubbles to flow over the edge. The time for it to do it depends on how dirty your tank is. Days or weeks. But really don't try to get the bubbles to the edge because in a day it will over flow.

Jamos5790;157161 wrote:
Where should the micro bubbles be at?

I had a SS 65, and I set the bubbles right below the collection cup. I found that with this skimmer, it is very important to have the top of the pump almost exactly 3 inches from the surface of the water. A consistant water level is key, too. So if you don't have an auto top off system, look into getting one.

purpleGORILLA;157182 wrote: Should stop about 1 inch from the rim. Eventuall skimage crudes will build up and constrict the diameter of the opening. This will cause the bubbles to flow over the edge. The time for it to do it depends on how dirty your tank is. Days or weeks. But really don't try to get the bubbles to the edge because in a day it will over flow.

Right. Remember that new skimmers typically take a week or more to fully break-in. Foam collection will be limited until the break-in period is over.

Back