Radion XR30w G3 (non-pro) 120 Lens Spread

snowmansnow

Market
Reaction score
Hi aquafolk,

The XR30w comes standard with 90 degree lenses.

I only have one radion at the moment, so I wanted to try and swap out the 120 degree lenses to get more coverage. I'll eventually have 2 once I find a good deal on a used unit;)

I thought the pictures below may help someone decide if the 120 lenses are for them or not. I don't have pics to show the 90 lenses (sorry) but below is a picture of the fixture over my tank at 17" (high I realize for now).

Pic 1

bd6404430a961eec135c49293af98c21.jpg
alt="" />

I thought this filter really showed the spread of the 120 lenses in an honest way.

f5ae9fbbb5877e69db0cff320aeb2ad9.jpg
alt="" />

Again this is mounted high at 17", but that beam rounds out really fast at the top.

Hope this helps someone.
B

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lens.
10 min swap out
8a2301199fbb0426bf38584f93d583dc.jpg
alt="" />

Is it safe to say you didn't really care for the OR units? I was thinking that trying something else would lead back to T5s or halides.

The OR units are actually a REALLY good value.
I'm not done trying LED quite yet.

These give me a little more (a lot more) control. Plus using the acclimate feature is really a great tool.

I like that i can find similar tanks with similar corals that have been successful and copy over their schedule.

Very cool light. I just need another one so I can spread my stuff back out instead of keeping it in the center haha

Back