Radion ?

grouper therapy

Supporting
Reaction score
Do you LED folks think a Radion x15 pro would be enough for my 45 gallon? The dimensions are 24x24 x16 deep. Mixed reef.

I have three x30 pros. it does well over my 180. The Ecotech website has a PAR coverage map and it looks like it has decent coverage with the wide angle lense. IMO I would think one xr30 would give you better coverage and you can keep the intensity lower.

the 15 pro with the 120 lens is more than enough to cover every bit of your tank and fry stuff if you wanted too.
the higher you mount the light the more spread you'll get but you'll lose punch and have to turn up power a little but still have lots left, regardless you have a really shallow tank.

I vote yes based on a conversation I recently had with a LFS owner when shopping for an LED light for my cube.

I didn't go with the XR15 because of the price.

JBDreefs;1066951 wrote: I vote yes based on a conversation I recently had with a LFS owner when shopping for an LED light for my cube.

I didn't go with the XR15 because of the price.
Too close to the 30?

I would go with an XR30 and turn the power down if it's too much, can't go the other way ... I have two on a 75G about the same dimensions just wider and it's enough but doesn't feel like overkill.

XR15w PRO + the included 120 degree lens will be more then enough as Marlon stated.

In my opinion you do not need the pro version for a tank that shallow. It's just a thought.

I have 2 of the G3 non pros on my 16" deep and I feel it is plenty strong, even with the wide throw lenses.

I do believe you'd be happier with the x30 , though (because of coverage).

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

aXio;1067000 wrote: XR15w PRO + the included 120 degree lens will be more then enough as Marlon stated.

Unless they have changed things the 120 degree lenses are an add on.

grouper therapy;1067030 wrote: What is the difference between the v pro and non pro?

Here;)
PRO
07d6cf84ebd58035762ebd216723f3aa.jpg
alt="" />

Non
Pro

44af241b7f41fbf9182f4afb76baf67c.jpg
alt="" />

Here are the 120 lenses
http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/wide-angle-tir-lens-kit-for-ecotech-marine-radion-xr30w-led-light-fixture.html">http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/wide-angle-tir-lens-kit-for-ecotech-marine-radion-xr30w-led-light-fixture.html</a>

It is a super easy swap out

Btw... Since you're handy... Plan on making your own mounts... Sooooo much cheaper.

The radions have standard 5m female threads. You can figure it out from there.

Dave, as you know I converted to Radions from using Lumen Bright reflectors and Radium's. I would suggest a XR15 PRO with the TIR 120's installed should be more then enough to handle that's size tank. This is coming from a owner of 4 Radion XR30 Pro's with TIR 120 lenses on my new 300 and these lights are extremely powerful. Even though the XR15 Pro's is 75 watts and it should handle that tank just fine.

Call Ecotech Marine. I did prior to buying my lights and went over the full details of the new tank and they were extremely helpful providing me information and recommendations on what Light model to use, fixture orientation, intensity and even recommended where to download a suggested radion light profile.

You won't be disappointed with Radions. I should have invested in theses lights a long time ago rather then experiment with the cheaper Chinese stuff that's out there.

Reefkeeper;1067084 wrote: Dave, as you know I converted to Radions from using Lumen Bright reflectors and Radium's. I would suggest a XR15 PRO with the TIR 120's installed should be more then enough to handle that's size tank. This is coming from a owner of 4 Radion XR30 Pro's with TIR 120 lenses on my new 300 and these lights are extremely powerful. Even though the XR15 Pro's is 75 watts and it should handle that tank just fine.

Call Ecotech Marine. I did prior to buying my lights and went over the full details of the new tank and they were extremely helpful providing me information and recommendations on what Light model to use, fixture orientation, intensity and even recommended where to download a suggested radion light profile.

You won't be disappointed with Radions. I should have invested in theses lights a long time ago rather then experiment with the cheaper Chinese stuff that's out there.
I think I will give them a call/ THX

image.jpg
alt="" /></a>

idk... $140 lights usually do the same

yes... that is 1175 par with leds

Russ-IV;1067481 wrote:
image.jpg
alt="" /></a>

idk... $140 lights usually do the same

yes... that is 1175 par with leds

Which led are you using?
How deep in the water was the sensor when you took this reading?

LSU_fishFan;1067482 wrote: Which led are you using?
How deep in the water was the sensor when you took this reading?

1 inch below the water.

it was 1800+ above the water. see my hand dipping the sensor?
16 inches down i get 550 par

i wont even add the 20% led stuff

Back