Radions - Talk me off the ledge

oldedb

Market
Reaction score
Been using Reefbreeders for a year... They are great lights and I'm not sure why I even considering this but with the sale ending in a few days, I am thinking of taking the plunge. I have a standard 120 reef tank with mostly LPS and softies. Has anyone made the jump from "budget" lights to the Radions? What were your thoughts...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will be purchasing them for my 250 gallon. Great lights with great control and growth.

For just lps and softies, you really don't need radions. To save money, I would say if you going to upgrade lights to get the Hydra 52 but if you are planning on getting SPS in the future then go ahead for the radions.

I really like what you can do with Radions. It's one helluva splurge, but of you want something freakishly awesome, they definitely fit the bill!

MarquiseO;981289 wrote: For just lps and softies, you really don't need radions. To save money, I would say if you going to upgrade lights to get the Hydra 52 but if you are planning on getting SPS in the future then go ahead for the radions.

I guess I need to get in to SPS ;)

Thanks for the suggestion on the Hydra 52. Will take a look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8-9 months ago I hated SPS... you know the rest of the story............ lol

natural progression :D

its the best led light out there. if youre going to go with leds and you have the money than get the radion. ive got 2 of the latest generation pros and they are awesome.

ive never used anything but radions and diy leds so i couldnt tell you about performance but ive seen several diffenrent leds over other peopls tanks and as far as color, intensity and controlability radions win hands down.

I hear you pico, it seems like the radions get so much hype because they are ecotech. I've read Dave's thread about his experience with his acros and switching back to MH. I need to buy new lights and the options are hard to choose from!

My male lyretail just turned straight purple and deep red with this light on one side of the frag tank.. Pretty cool effects, I'm just playing around now and don't really know anything about leds.
My wife loves it and is really looking forward to her tank now (score)!

tonymission;981361 wrote: My male lyretail just turned straight purple and deep red with this light on one side of the frag tank.. Pretty cool effects, I'm just playing around now and don't really know anything about leds.
My wife loves it and is really looking forward to her tank now (score)!

Yeah, this is one effect that Radions have that I have not heard about as much with other fixtures. It makes the colors of your fish really pop. Some might consider it unnatural looking, but I like it and that is all that matters to me...

It's VERY unnatural looking if you want to set it there, but that's the best part! haha
I just got up and looked at all the zoas and I honestly started laughing. Even the more boring ones looked amazing. This will be the perfect light for her tank and I'll definitely sneak some SPS on top of the rock to see if I can get them to grow and keep/develop good color.

I started with a Maxspect 120 on my 30G, switched to Radion G3 Pro and couldn't be happier. My SPS survived with the Maxspect, but thrive with the Radion.

atlorange;981418 wrote: I started with a Maxspect 120 on my 30G, switched to Radion G3 Pro and couldn't be happier. My SPS survived with the Maxspect, but thrive with the Radion.

Do you have a specific lighting schedule you're using or just been tinkering with it?

sra_chipmunk;981351 wrote: How much are better are the Radions than The Rapid LED Onyx fixtures?
I love my Onyx more then my Kessils. but I have zero experiance with Radions

tonymission;981420 wrote: Do you have a specific lighting schedule you're using or just been tinkering with it?

Here is my schedule and settings.

389BB433-9E46-43BC-81F3-23F433CCC07D.png
alt="" />

7913D81D-A548-4F05-8E53-2A503682F477.png
alt="" />

atlorange;981519 wrote: Here is my schedule and settings.

389BB433-9E46-43BC-81F3-23F433CCC07D.png
alt="" />

7913D81D-A548-4F05-8E53-2A503682F477.png
alt="" />

holy crap man how big of a tank do you have your g3 pros on? you have that thing turned up really high lol. mine peaks at like 50% max and when i set up the 40b with 2 of them ill have them peak at like 30%

Back