Radions - Talk me off the ledge

Maelstrom79;981355 wrote: I hear you pico, it seems like the radions get so much hype because they are ecotech. I've read Dave's thread about his experience with his acros and switching back to MH. I need to buy new lights and the options are hard to choose from!

its only a hard decision if your going with a completely sps system. i havent done much with sps under my g3 so i couldnt tell you how they fare. but under my g1 they survived and grew but the colors were just not as good as they could be (except montis they looked awesome). im thinking sps will probably do well under the new ones but im not gonna play around with anything till i get the new tank up. and on top of that ive never really kept many acros so im not the best person to give an opinion there. but if youre going with a mixed reef, lps or softy tank then the choice is made for you go with the radion.

Picoreefguy;981658 wrote: holy crap man how big of a tank do you have your g3 pros on? you have that thing turned up really high lol. mine peaks at like 50% max and when i set up the 40b with 2 of them ill have them peak at like 30%

Just a 30. I increased slowly over time, started at about 50%. Getting great growth.

1D9FEB77-0FB5-4F7E-A537-D640D863AB2B.jpg
alt="" />

nice man your tank looks great. how high above the tank do you have your radion?

Picoreefguy;981756 wrote: nice man your tank looks great. how high above the tank do you have your radion?

Thanks. It was about 12", until last week when I installed the RMS. Now about 10".

man i bet it looks sleek with the rms. i wish they would have made the rms with the original radion. ive had my radion hung over my 20 long using pvc for the past almost 3 years. oh well once i get the 40 going they'll be mounted in the canopy. any way we could get a shot of the rms on your tank?

I know you didn't ask me but here's mine

981777=56029-ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409342208.762419.jpg
>
981777=56029-ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409342208.762419.jpg
class="gc-images" title="ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409342208.762419.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:400px" /></a>

No this one will be going on my wife's rimless 30g softie tank. I run mh and t5s on the display and waiting to pick up new MH radium fixtures to cover the rest of my frag tank from a member who is on vacation. Just thought id test out the light here until we get her tank setup. We really like the radion on so far. Can't wait to link it with the apex and start really playing around with it

Back