Raising My Water Level?

Tex start by blocking the second to last slots on both the left and right ends of the overflow. I would try .... How bout just using your mag float to see if blocking will work or not ..... black rubber squeezed in between might do it. 1" is alot to raise so you might find that building a canopy is an easier route. I would personally take a piece of rock and epoxy it into the slots to block water and rubber band my seaweed to it nightly to feed the tangs.:D How do ya like that for rambling.

Randy, I do agree that you will get better skimming if you block all teeth but you might just skim the fish right in as well.

Fish Scales2;336094 wrote: Randy, I do agree that you will get better skimming if you block all teeth but you might just skim the fish right in as well.

I respectfully disagree. By blocking all teeth and using a "toothless" overflow, you actually slow down the water over any given point. Assume you had an overflow box that is 6" x 12" with three sides to the tank. If there are no teeth, the water is going over 24" of wall to get into the overflow box. If you cut one tooth per inch (1/4" tooth with 3/4" between them) then its only going through 1/4 of that 24" or 6" so the water will be moving 4 times as fast as the toothless. If the slots are cut 1/4" apart, then the toothless will be half as fast as the toothed overflow.

Back