Random pic of the day thread

P8271330.jpeg
P8271329.jpeg
Pom Pom crab molted within the first 2 weeks of having it

P9121350.jpegIt took a month, but the Pom Pom crab I picked up from ReefShac is finally coming out while the lights are on. It’s only when I feed the tank currently, hopefully it keeps getting more and more brave 🤞

1727749534643.png1727749534643.png
This 2 to 3 inch diameter bubble tip anemones have been a lot of fun. They split in half several times annually, and stayed put in one area of my aquarium, until I recently installed two radion spotlights to add ripple lines to the aquarium….. the bubble tips moved to where they’re partially shaded, including migrating across some of the rock structures. They do not really appear to bother the SPS or LPS, and many have settled in the middle of the Zoa garden.

PA040579.jpeg
PA040576.jpeg
Baby sexy shrimp!!! I couldn’t remember if I plugged my return pump back in last night after feeding my tank, so I got up to check. Noticed a bunch of stuff floating around that wasn’t there previously while I was taking photos and videos. Took a closer look and saw 100+ of these floating around in the water column! I turned the pumps off and let them settle down to the bottom before only plugging my Nero 3 back in for the rest of the night. I highly doubt they will survive, as this is the her batch and I was in no way prepared, but still neat regardless. Even if just 1 makes it, it will be a win in my book.

View attachment 93386
View attachment 93387
Baby sexy shrimp!!! I couldn’t remember if I plugged my return pump back in last night after feeding my tank, so I got up to check. Noticed a bunch of stuff floating around that wasn’t there previously while I was taking photos and videos. Took a closer look and saw 100+ of these floating around in the water column! I turned the pumps off and let them settle down to the bottom before only plugging my Nero 3 back in for the rest of the night. I highly doubt they will survive, as this is the her batch and I was in no way prepared, but still neat regardless. Even if just 1 makes it, it will be a win in my book.
One of my tanks is a freshwater community of mostly live-bearers with 4 Cory cats. Recently spotted a baby Cory cat. With the high likelihood of both the eggs and any hatched babies getting eaten, that's a big win!

My little yellow rose goby, aka Candy, because of her candy cane pattern marking. I love her little smiley face!

Attachments

• IMG_20241002_163950.jpg
    IMG_20241002_163950.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 5
Back