Rate tank on how happy u r w/ it today! from A-D

ralph atl

Market
Reaction score
Rate your tank on how happy you are with your current conditions of your tank. If you rate it below A, please state why & what you are doing to get to A, and if A, what 1 or 2 things helped bring it to that point?
Ralph

Ummm one tank is a F right now because I do not have time to finish it but there is stuff in there... (Algae forest right now) and the other is an A-.

a few months back, I had some phosphate induced slow growth & recession (and 1 loss), so my tank is behind a bit, but looking good now! whew! finally flourishing a bit!

I gave mine a B...Drygoods wise its an A for what I have and what I want..Water parameters I would like to be better...Nitrates from day one has ALWAYS been 20-40. More consistant water changes needed and Yesterday was the first time I havent used tap water and did a 25 gallon WC... I know I know....Other than that Im happy...just more color Id like...EVERYTHING looks great and healthy

I'm on the recovery side of an algae bloom...almost got it licked. I've got a few bad crabs and a mantis that need to come out, working on that whenever I get the urge.

The T5 lights showed up today so I've got a weekend project to get 'em installed.

Now I need more corals!

The first one to vote for D, I like being the first, My problem is time, tank is still settling in and I need to get in there and do alot more work, maybe by this time next year!

Tank looking good, young though, but the sump is a mess. I've got new baffles to put in, but need to get a 55g so i can setup a new sump and swap out the 55g I have now, that way I reduce down time. After that, I'd say I'll be pushing a b+

I think mine is doing great. I just need to enjoy the inhabitants and coral growth. I do have a elkhorn / monti cap collision going on. I figure I will let them duke it out.

My tank is a b because I don't have enough time to take crazy good care of it. Don't get me wrong I take good care of it but I could def do better if I had more time

One of my tank gets an A, one gets a B, and one gets a C for an algae bloom. Soon it will be an A when I combine all my tanks into 1 100g!

WOW! I was expecting a few more A's. So please pass along some advice that your fellow reefers can use to maybe help them, as you fix your issue (s).

mine is a C- I still think there something wrong. Now my skimmer are not working right either.

I voted a C for mine.. I can NOT get this cyano under control!!!!! I've dosed Chemiclean 3 times since Thanksgiving.. but it's still there.. I need more flow something awful... And I'd like to have a little more color..Oh, and my zoas have become my enemy.

So far only 4 voters gave an "A"? It sounds like maybe we need to communicate better to each other about fixing issues with our tanks! Or ask more questions? just a thought.

RaisingTwo2006;119275 wrote: I voted a C for mine.. I can NOT get this cyano under control!!!!! I've dosed Chemiclean 3 times since Thanksgiving.. but it's still there.. I need more flow something awful... And I'd like to have a little more color..Oh, and my zoas have become my enemy.

first, are you sure that's it's cyano as opposed to diatoms? or algae? If it's cyanobacteria, than chemiclean should have taken care of that, since I believe it's an antibiotic. More flow helps & suck it up helps, too!

C- I have too much work to do on it and frags just aren't cutting it. I now also have flatworms to enjoy :)

Im close to where I want to be but my lights aren't cutting it for the coloring up of my very few acros that I tried....The acros are growing like crazy just not coloring up like they should be.

And also, I am running out of room.....an easy problem to solve, but not until I move.

The rest of my corals are doing unbelievable well. The one thing I put in there that I think really helped bring it from a C- to even an A if it wasn't for the acros is Reef Complete. I have been dosing that and it is keeping my levels super steady. I also dose phyto and Reef Plus every once in a while and I think that has helped a lot too. If I did it on a regular schedule it might even help more.

Back