RB PH48's finally over my tank VS 500watts of MH

mikesmith34

Market
Reaction score
Well I finally got my reefbreeders photon 48 over my tank and I'm very happy. So far. I had 500watts of MH and 2 54w t5 over my 90 gallon. First impression is I really like the way they look but it does take some getting used to. When I would come home from work my tank would be beaming now it is much more suttle. The color spectrum I'm getting from my corals is much more"visible" . I mounted them about 7 inches over my tank and using the custom ramp up/down plus 10. I peak out at about 40%. The only thing I don't like and did not plan for is the center panel between my two front doors is slap dab in front of the control panel. The gradual increase over the day and then decrease is so much more realistic. All my animals seem to respond well to the change and my Duncan is now starting to peak it's head out. I don't know why but it's been retracted for weeks. I can only assume to much light I don't know it could also be related to the carbon dosing. No where near the heat so I'm using the fans for a couple more days to bring the temps down to 76 where they should pretty much stay at.

I will post from time to time and let you know how things are going. Maybe even post some coral pics. It's another thing I've noticed leds make picture taking a pia...too blue. Over all very happy with my purchase.

I knew there had to be away. For some reason my pics from the install have not come back from the cloud:eek:

I know the low and slow mantra and I will live by it. However it's hard to believe that it can be more intense than what I had over it. I know the color will be there I'm really interested to see what it does in the growth department. Patience is a HUGE virtue in this hobby. You don't wait hours you wait weeks or months for results

Want to follow and notice the before and after pics. Thanks for sharing.
Your results with the lights could be well aproved and testimonial for the company who makes them

tonymission;965961 wrote: Why did you switch? :)

Not so much power consumption as the dang heat. My living room is just to hot with these 100f days down here. 2 ballast and 2 bulbs is alot of BTU's going in the wrong direction, and I hear to much good about the RB48 for them not to work.

joseayes;965972 wrote: Want to follow and notice the before and after pics. Thanks for sharing.
Your results with the lights could be well aproved and testimonial for the company who makes them
Thanks. I will do that. Ill pick maybe the Red Dragon and Strawberry Shortcake and do a 30, 60 and 90 before and after. Of course Ill need some time to get them ramped up. Do you use RB's

Back