Rearranging Live Rock, help needed

contender

Market
Reaction score
I thought my LR placement was great when I started my tank (14 Biocube), a year ago. It looks very disorganized now, with the addition of many corals over the year.

I have a lot of LR, maybe too much. :) I know there is no such thing as too much LR, but it definately needs to be consolidated to remove hollow areas behind.

When removing all the corals and LR, should it stay in a SW tub or is it ok to keep it on a towel for a little while? How do YOU go about arranging LR, when you rearrange? Large to small, bottom to top? Should I break up some of the larger pieces? Remember that I have a small space to work with in the BC.

I always have gotten good advice from fellow ARC member. I respect your suggestions. :thumbs:

Danny

i keep all my lr in a tub to reduce die off. i rearange by staring at the rock and arranging it in my head.

Contender;130604 wrote: I thought my LR placement was great when I started my tank (14 Biocube), a year ago. It looks very disorganized now, with the addition of many corals over the year.

I have a lot of LR, maybe too much. :) I know there is no such thing as too much LR, but it definately needs to be consolidated to remove hollow areas behind.

When removing all the corals and LR, should it stay in a SW tub or is it ok to keep it on a towel for a little while? How do YOU go about arranging LR, when you rearrange? Large to small, bottom to top? Should I break up some of the larger pieces? Remember that I have a small space to work with in the BC.

I always have gotten good advice from fellow ARC member. I respect your suggestions. :thumbs:

Danny

Ok... Alright.... I'll come and help ya.... Geeze, first I need to show you how to do your day job, then I need to show you how to do your hobby... Next thing ya know... er... nevermind <insert wife joke here>. :lol2:

If you want some help, I think you needed to talk work anyways and I am sure you owe me dinner... Let me know when and maybe I can stop by to show you the basics and give you my opinion for what it is worth.

Xyzpdq0121;130614 wrote: Ok... Alright.... I'll come and help ya.... Geeze, first I need to show you how to do your day job, then I need to show you how to do your hobby... Next thing ya know... er... nevermind <insert wife joke here>. :lol2:

If you want some help, I think you needed to talk work anyways and I am sure you owe me dinner... Let me know when and maybe I can stop by to show you the basics and give you my opinion for what it is worth.

Brandon,

You couldn't offend me, I am an appraiser. :lol2:

I am going to mess with the tank later today and let you know the reults.:unsure::thumbs:

Back