Recommendations for Light Upgrade

dup532

Reaction score
I am planning to upgrade my lighting on my rsm 130. The dimensions are 24 x 20 x 24, the actual useable space is 24 x 17 x 24. I was recommended to look at 6x24w T5 fixtures. The options I have are:

ATI powermodule
24" 6x24W Powermodule T5 High-Output Fixture,

ATI sunpower
24" 6x24W SunPower T5 High-Output Fixture, or

Coralvue T5/LED 6 Bulb Fixture.

I was wanting to be able to place LPS at any depth of the tank, try my hand at SPS, and possibly keep a clam.

All thoughts are welcome.

Thanks

go LED, someone here installed 2 ecoxotic panorama modules in a RSM130 and it looks great. You can probably put more than 2 in there

On my 24" cube, I have an ATI Powermodule 8x24, and I can keep literally anything at any depth. The light out of this thing is insane. Actually, I have an issue with bleaching corals even at the bottom if I don't start them out in the shade...

The PM's are VERY well made and the output is incredible.

I think led is the way to go for all in ones, takes care of that pesky heat issue

Thanks for all the suggestions. I am just unsure on LED lighting. Exactly how much LEDs would I need? They just don't seem to be that tested just yet. Also I wasn't planning on doing a DIY.

Dup532;554887 wrote: Thanks for all the suggestions. I am just unsure on LED lighting. Exactly how much LEDs would I need? They just don't seem to be that tested just yet. Also I wasn't planning on doing a DIY.

I'll give you my rule of thumb about how much led you need, not everybody agrees with it but so far i found it accurate enough: use half the wattage of your current lights for the led setup. And because the stock rsm is not even T5 you can probably get away with lower so 4 panoramas should be enough to grow whatever

Been running ONLY t5 on my 120 sps tank...

looked at the ATI PMs but couldn't afford them at the time.

i dont think you can go wrong with this unit... OR since you are only using 6 lamps no reason not to go with the other ATI.. .same guts.

B

Back