Recycle Salt Water?

chauwall

Market
Reaction score
Since we are all in a drought and all, what else can you do with the salt water that you take out from the tank with the weekly changes other than dumping down the drain? Any ideas?

i use mine to water my palm tree, im not sure but as far as i know saltwater will kill most plants and grass

Barbara;124242 wrote: I <u>assume</u></em> you could water outdoor plants with it. When I had a FW fish tank I used water from that fish tank to water plants and they really thrived. The fish poop is supposed to be really good for the plants. My guess is that the salt would not actually reach the plant as it would be "filtered" by the dirt, but I'd like to verify that someone else has either heard that or uses their water for that. I have not.

No! It will kill plants-
I thougth maybe use in pool?? It is filtered and has chlorine?

Drought and all, what we use as hobbyists is minimal. Put it down the drain and save your plants. However, RO waste water is another story. It can be used to water plants.

flinster;124297 wrote: Drought and all, what we use as hobbyists is minimal. Put it down the drain and save your plants. However, RO waste water is another story. It can be used to water plants.

I use my RO waste water to fill my washing machine

You could fill up your tub with it and use it for a saltwater therapy bath.

Shoot it down the drain. You could distill it in the sun if you REALLY were anal, but not even close to worth the effort IMO.

Back