DSC01226.jpg
alt="" />

DSC01233.jpg
alt="" />

DSC01232.jpg
alt="" />

DSC01233.jpg
alt="" />

From the looks of it your clam is buried.

Just looks like FW tho.

They are flatworms and I believe the Melanarus wrasse will work, at least they better because the Mandarin, sixline, eightline and yellow coris did not put a dent in mine. So now the final shot is with the Melanarus. Next will be the breakdown of the 125 because I am just to darn scared to use exit.

Just use exit, mix up SW, turn off all lights, and all powerheads except one. and then just put a net in front of the powerhead and you thin the population out pretty quickly.

get a velvet nudi if the coris did not work, they are guaranteed to work if you can keep them alive.

Well they only eat FW's, so I'm guaranteeing you can keep them alive as long as you have FW's.

And when all FW are gone...........and you thought FW had toxins
Also takes Berghia Nudis 9-12 months to populate enough to beat the FW.

Those are definately red planaria. Harmless for the most part.

If you decided to engage in chemical warfare, I'd suggest syphoning out as many as you can. You can also blast them with ome fw as they will melt immediately and not release toxins. Then, go chemical. Make sure you have filter socks ready to catch the sea of death, mucho carbon and some water ready for a big water change.

If you can remove your fish, it'll be better. The fish tend to eat the worms as they float up, thus ingesting the toxins.

Still, I would advise a fish to handle it for you. Take your time and look at your options, the fw aren't going anywhere and they won't do any harm.

Fish Scales2;252667 wrote: And when all FW are gone...........and you thought FW had toxins
Also takes Berghia Nudis 9-12 months to populate enough to beat the FW.

Berghia Nudibranchs don't eat flatworms, It's the Velvet Nudibranch that eats flatworms. I wish someone would have told my tank that when a Velvet Nudibranch dies everyone is in trouble.

Those are definitely flatworms. Get theyself a few wrasses. A yellow canary wrasse or radiant or melanarus or anything in the halichoeres genus should do the job. The lined wrasses like the sixline or mystery or fourline should eat them but that's 50/50.

If you are going to use fish to take care of them then I would start by getting as many of them out as you can. If you have a sump lower than your tank then syphon as many as you can through a filter sock back into the sump, that way you don't have to refill with new water. When done, just turn the sock inside out and hose them out. I'd do that several days in a row and then think about adding whatever fish you want to use. Of course you need to consider QT for any new fish and I'd only add whatever species you really want to keep anyway or at least have an exit strategy if/when it works for you.

I'm also leery about using chemicals in the tank, but I have done so with success. Levamasole, which is a pig wormer actually works better than Flatworm Exit and its a lot cheaper. There's a thread on RC regarding the testing and use of it.

Back