Red Sea Reefer 350

zoajohn

Supporting
Reaction score
This tank has been in the works for about 10 months now. Finally moved and have the space to set it up. Plan is SPS dominate mixed reef. I’ll be transferring most of my livestock over from my 30 long once my bacteria population can handle livestock. I’ve got two pieces of established LR in here so hopefully it’ll be quick. Using a varios 2 for return and was worried it wouldn’t be enough, but turns out to be plenty. Any suggestions on rock work welcome, but I kinda like it and have 10 more lbs on the way to finish the middle.

Under the hood:
-Lighting: Aquaticlife 4-bulb 48” T5 hybrid w/ two hydra 26 HD’s that will be transferred from 30L
-return pump: RO VarioS 2 hard plumbed
-Flow: MP40 and MP10
-Skimmer: Bubble magus curve 5
-Control: ApexEL
-Heater: 300w finnex
-Carbon reactor: TLF Phosban 150

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 58
Here’s a side pic of my current 30L. So many sps frags just waiting...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 46
Tank cycled in a week and a half. Added MB7 and dosed ammonia up to 1.5ppm, and it stayed at 1.5ppm for about 7 days. Added 4oz of fritz turbo start Wednesday, and it dropped ammonia to 0 after one day. Redosed ammonia and it went to zero again in one day. This stuff lives up to the hype...
Rescaped and got my first fish in now: a trio of female Lyretail Anthias. Super entertaining to watch them. Other fish I plan on adding next are a leopard wrasse, flame fin tomini tang, yellow eye kole tang, and maybe a few more.
Will start adding coral soon...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 33
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 35
Few updates. Got a small yellow tang, CUC, and moved some LPS and two SPS frags over. One is a TSA creamsicle which wasn’t doing so hot in my 30L so I had nothing to lose, other than the outrageous price tag on a 1” frag.

Definitely got some uglies going on, but the diatoms should be gone in a few weeks. Next step is to move the tomini tang over, then wait for some coralline and transfer the sticks. I have another 10lbs of rock curing I’ll eventually have as a “bridge” between the two islands.

Wish I could use more of my established LR, but have quite a few Vermetids and I really don’t want to deal with those in a system 3x the size.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 22
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 22
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 19
Back