Red Sea Reefwave

sergeantpup

Reaction score
Is anybody else excited for the Red Sea Reefwave that'll be available next month?

I'm waiting to pull the trigger on my penninsula 650 for the release of the Reefwave (so I can get the bundled discount).

Word on the street is it'll be available end of Jan 2020 and some stores have started to allow preorder. I've read unconfirmed reports that it'll be in the $265 range.

With rather limited info available online, what I REALLY want to know is how silent is silent? They seem pretty confident in that claim but I've only managed to see it in water in 1 video and they say "hear how silent it is" but I feel like that's a BS representation while the guy is talking and with music in the backround.

I have one of the big Icecaps now and that thing is dreadfully loud when turned on its side. I know a lot of people go with the Max Spec Gyre but if there's something wifi enabled and potentially 'silent' right around the corner, I want to hold out.

Has anybody heard this thing in action at a show?

I saw a video yesterday, I then tried to find a price and discovered that they aren't out yet. I like the controllability of them, I just hope the price isn't too high.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Icecap is coming out with a wifi controller for their gyres. They upgraded them too to 2k and 4k. The controller is backwards compatible too. I saw that the 2k with a wifi controller is around $200.

Last edited:
Back