Red sea tanks owners

anthony

Market
Reaction score
I'm interested in hearing from Red Sea tank owners.. not the Nanos or cubes but the xl,XXL and the XXXL tank owners..
Im seeing a lot of these tanks coming up for sale lately...my question is what would you say are the good and the bads of them?

Good: great tank that looks modern and beautiful. Comes with plumbing, tank, and stand.

Bad: plumbing seems to be undersized for the tank. fear of seam failure that happened in their earlier model tanks that still carries with the brand. Stand is a pain to build.

Agree completely with @civics14.

My tank is a newer model, but the stand was really a pain to put together, even with 2 people.

Also, the plumbing had some slow leaks the first couple months, but after some adjusting several times, it was fine.

Besides the price…these are the only negatives I have with it at this point.

Agree with civics14.... No seam failures yet, been running since Decemberish...
I did ask the LFS before purchasing why they had seam failures and I was told that when they went to the "floating" front glass there was a structural issue if weight was placed on the glass, RSM has since integrated a supporting bracket under the front glass. I do love the clarity and beveled edges of the glass!

Con: HEAVY!!!! everything about this tank is heavy (750 XXL)
Pro: pretty much everything else

I had a red sea in the pass now I have the waterbox 230 which is similar to the 750, I love everything about it except for cleaning close to the top of the rim is very difficult for the water not to splash out. I have for a little over a year now.

I love the modern look of it especially it’s in white.

Tank looks phenomenal.. I have a 750xxl for close to a year now…
Its veryyy heavy and as said building the stand is a job…
But loving it once everything is up and running…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back