Reducing Evap

I will repeat tomorrow to do another test just to see if it is accurate

Kirru;291818 wrote: I will repeat tomorrow to do another test just to see if it is accurate

Less than 9 gallon a week from evaporation seems perfectly normal to me.

No, AC vent is not near it and I don't have my ceiling fan on, ever.

No active air movement.

Ok, Acroholic, I will do it again just to see if I get close to the same results.

do you have a sump?? does the water enter the sump above water level causing splashing? do you have a lot of surface movement?

I do have a sump and it enters the sump above the water line. however, there is no splashing. I have turned a 90* elbow facing up and allow the water to flow over. Its not rushing so its a smooth transition. my sump is set-up as
fuge->return<-skimmer.

I need to post pics so you can see but i am just to lazy.

Here we go. In order of how it drains:
0216091900a.jpg
alt="" />
0216091900.jpg
alt="" />
0216091859a.jpg
alt="" />
0216091858a.jpg
alt="" />
0216091859.jpg
alt="" />
0216091858.jpg
alt="" />

Anymore?

Ok it took just over a gallon, maybe like 2 cups. maybe it isn't bad as i thought.

the sad part is, there are tanks that easily do 15 gallons a week :)

I think maybe it was that one section of pipe I forgot to glue up. But still I need an RO/DI unit. Buying water each week is going to start adding up and that is money I could be saving towards a good unit from purewaterclub.com that I want.

are you buying Salt water?? It only costs me about $4.00 a week in water and then I mix in my own salt

no, i am buying fresh water from kroger down the street from my house. Glacier water. .29 a gallon and i get 3-5g bucket and 2-1g jugs. pay $5.08.

you use 17 gallons a week? do you do weekly water changes?? you could try doing every other week maybe? or every 3

i do every 2-3 weeks, i just want to have enough water for those just in cases

Cory,
You are right. You need a decent R/O DI unit. You'll save $ in the long run.

Back