Reef breeders lights owners

mikesmith34

Market
Reaction score
Ok so I've had my P48 for a month now on my 90 gallon and the longer I have it the more I like it. My highest values on either channel is around 40ish. The blue channel really makes the corals pop. I have discovered a slight amount of bleaching on a couple of pieces but it hasn't gotten any worse in a week so I have left them alone. I used the custom setting provided by RB and I'm at 15% higher than the initial settings. Some of my corals have seemed to color up better namely my joes rainbow, tyree lemonade and ORA red planet. I will be curious to see how the growth is using these lights. I know beyond a shadow off a boubt I have much better PE.

Has anybody been using them for over a year as a stand alone lighting? What is everybody's input on settings for that sweet spot and what about growth.

It's hard to believe they can bleach corals at such low settings after being under those powerful MH but it can happen. Are you running 120 or 90's optics

I've had a Reefbreeders Nova A4 running over my 60 cube for a year . After much trial and error, I finally have the right settings for me. With the advice from Aaron at Nemo's, I custom set my Blue's at 70% and my White's ,at 25%. These settings are during peak photo period( 1 to 6pm). My tank is 24 inches deep. The light is 7 inches above the water. My corals really pop and they seem to love it. Also, I'm getting good coralline growth on the back of the cube. I noticed on the Reefbreeders site that they don't carry the Nova A4 anymore. This light has been great for me so far. With these settings, my Welso's really expand.

Back