Reef geek over the top

drydock

Market
Reaction score
I think I've crossed some sort of line in my Reef Geek. This weekend I decided that I needed better record keeping for when media was changed. RODI filters, GFO, Carbon, etc. So I put NFC tags on all that equipment so I can read and write the change date with my phone. Total over the top geekiness.

Did you created an app to do it? :)

It would be nice to add an estimated day for bulbs replacement, probes, etc etc

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

joseayes;964793 wrote: Did you created an app to do it? :)

+1

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I do the same, but on a clipboard. Old school analog, or stone age, or whatever, hehehe!

Acroholic;964820 wrote: I do the same, but on a clipboard. Old school analog, or stone age, or whatever, hehehe!

When I was doing it - my thought was that it was complete technology overkill, a clipboard or tag would be just fine. But I couldn't resist.

joseayes;964793 wrote: Did you created an app to do it? :)

I didn't create an app for it, just using a standard NFC reader with text file. Thinking about using letting the NFC tag launch a calendar app. Then I can set set a follow up date.

No school like the old school....

Sharpie, writes on most anything when it's dry.

With three kids in the house, there's a good chance that I either can't find my phone or if I do the one of them will be watching something on it. Ever try and get a 4 year old girl stop Frozen..... you can scream "Let it Go" all you want- it ain't happening, just say'n!

Back