Reef Safe Dwarf Angels?

Showtime305;28836 wrote: I've even seen a Potter's and Flame together in a nano.

That seems a little irresponsible. But I do have a potter's and a bicolor in my 72 bowfront.

Schwaggs;28823 wrote: DO NOT PUT MORE THAN ONE TYPE IN YOUR TANK. No matter how much room you think each will have, they will hunt each other down and fight to the death...

Mine get along pretty well. I aquired the potter's when I purchased an entire setup, and I already had the bicolor. I didn't want to get rid of either, so I gave it a shot. The bicolor chased the potter's a bit at first, but things soon settled down. I think it helped that I had lots of liverock for the potter's to dart in and out of. Now they tolerate each other pretty well.

Ya i did it in a 135 and will do it in my 450. I wouldn't do it in a small tank but most of the time 2 can get along. I've had a potters and a flame together and a flame and a coral beauty together with no issues whatsoever.

Known several who have done the coral beauty/flame combo without issues. Obviously all individual cases are different but saying stuff like they will hunt each other down to death no matter how big, etc. is just misinformation.

My experience was with a flame and a coral beauty that chased each other - nose to tail for 2 days in a 210 until I was able to get one out. Both almost didn't make it. Of course your milage may very but I will never do it again.

I stand corrected. Make that 3 in a 30g.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1009275&perpage=25&pagenumber=7">http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1009275&perpage=25&pagenumber=7</a>

I have to say this tank is awesome, but there are some limits being pushed with the angels and total amount of fish.

It seems like everytime I put a new fish in, the potters will chase it for a day or two... then they're all buddies like they've been in there forever. I think the trick with my tank is to make sure it survives the initiation...

Back