ReefSavvy

snowmansnow

Market
Reaction score
There are some great builders around the atl area.. I know.. But I'm just shopping.

Has anyone ordered from ReefSavvy?

What was your experience... how much was shipping?
Do they ever come to ATL for anything for a pickup?

Thanks,
B

I was originally thinking they were in Orlando, and a trip down to pick up your tank wouldn't be too bad with WWC down there and all, but I see they are in Miami.

Best tanks on the market IMO... Quote I got was $3100 for 6'x24"x20" 3 sides starfire, ghost overflow and phantom bottom. $1200 for the stand and around $400 for shipping.

Engineer said Id have to do more work to my floor to pull that off... :(

tonymission;994360 wrote:
Engineer said Id have to do more work to my floor to pull that off... :(

Yeah like new carpets throughout the house to convince Momma to let you spend the money. :)

rdnelson99;994377 wrote: Yeah like new carpets throughout the house to convince Momma to let you spend the money. :)

Probably would take more than that! She gave me a hard time last night when I went to bed after 5 hours on the WWC live sale. :/

here is the email I got back from Felix

Hi Brandon,

This tank is approximately 80 gallons and will be built out of 1/2" glass with a high polish. The price is $1,550.00 which includes the 3 sides low iron and Ghost Overflow. We also offer the option of drilling the back panel for returns at $25.00 per hole.

Crate and packing materials will be $175.00

Residential delivery is approximately $250.00 or you can pick it up at the local terminal for approximately $135.00

Thanks,

Felix
______

so this is apx 2K for an 80g tank.. geez..
I'll have to do something else

I got a quote last year from them for a 60x24x24 for 2k+ not including shipping.
I guess I will be keeping my Acrylic.
Price has certainly went up over the years on fish tank, the cost for my current tank(Acrylic 60x24x24) in 2001 was $499.00 plus a mark up fee..
and back then Acrylic was suppose to be more expensive tank compare to glass.

reeferman;994415 wrote: if you dont mind acrylic,look up Advanced Acrylics in Cali.they have great deals on tanks and shipping

Reggie,

I don't know if you have had personal dealings with Advanced Acrylics, but the guy comes across as a real thief in this review. He seems to have been highly thought of at one time, but not so much lately.

There are multiple negative reviews of this company on Reef Central. It seems he could care less about anyone from any distance away once he has their money, but those local to him are treated well.

showthread.php

i bought an ato container from him and gotten several quotes on a custom peninsula from them.i was happy with the container.hes always answered emails promptly but admittedly,thats the extent of my dealings with.
after reading that link,disregard my recommendation.

reeferman;994415 wrote: if you dont mind acrylic,look up Advanced Acrylics in Cali.they have great deals on tanks and shipping

I don't mean to knock anyone's acrylic tank, but I'll never own another one

I'm just not careful enough to keep them nice and clear

SnowManSnow;994449 wrote: I don't mean to knock anyone's acrylic tank, but I'll never own another one

I'm just not careful enough to keep them nice and clear

none taken, but I know what you mean

well i also got a quote from Miracles up in Canada. the shipping is CONSIDERABLY less... and the tank is probably 2/3 of the price:/ Hmmmmmm

Back