Refinishing a stand

hiimsean

Supporting
Reaction score
I got a new setup and the stand is in very good shape but I’d still like to refinish it. Mainly that I want to protect the inside and repaint the outside. The outside just has a wood stain finish but I’d prefer a decent white gloss finish. I’ve never really done any wood working or finishing like this so tips would be greatly appreciated.

I got a new setup and the stand is in very good shape but I’d still like to refinish it. Mainly that I want to protect the inside and repaint the outside. The outside just has a wood stain finish but I’d prefer a decent white gloss finish. I’ve never really done any wood working or finishing like this so tips would be greatly appreciated.
Depending on how big the stand is Rustolem Appliance Epoxy is pretty good. I recommend using a respirator when spraying it.

It’s for a 24x24 cube tank
Read the label. The stuff is no joke, but it will stand up to the saltwater environment. I'd use a sanding sealer to fill the wood grain in otherwise it will telegraph through the gloss of the enamel. It will also soak into any wood that isn't coated with with something so it will take a few coats there. I think it's best that way though, seals the wood off and waterproofs the best.

Back